• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Soldato
Have you tried Stilt's safe settings instead of the DOCP/XMP profile?

Nope. :(

I know I'm coming across as stubborn. But I bought these 8 Pack ram sticks for ease of mind as I got fed up fiddling with my corsair and still not finding stability.

I ended up selling them at a loss, AND they where low profile so fitted well with my Noctua. Meaning if I go with a 8700k I will be running my fans in a less than optimal configuration to accommodate them.

Associate

I know I'm coming across as stubborn. But I bought these 8 Pack ram sticks for ease of mind as I got fed up fiddling with my corsair and still not finding stability.

I ended up selling them at a loss, AND they where low profile so fitted well with my Noctua. Meaning if I go with a 8700k I will be running my fans in a less than optimal configuration to accommodate them.

I'd say either run mem test on each stick at the stock 2133 settings and check that there are no problems, or return to ocuk and get them to test them. My CPU is similar to yours, can get 3.85ghz max OC. Running 3.8 at 1.33v. I struggled with memory quite a bit and had to return a set of G Skill B die because I couldn't get it stable.

The second set of G Skill Trident Z 3200C14 is working perfectly and I've even been able to reduce timings significantly. Rainforest returns were very easy.

Gee

Gee

Soldato

I had issues with the profile on mine. I used Stilts safe settings (1.4v) and touch wood I haven't had a single crash nor lockup. I even recently started to use the 'fast' setting of his and yet still no crashes.

Caporegime
Be honest. Is running your ram at xmp on the Intel platform a walk in the park?

Ive had some issues on older intel gens but coffeelake (8700 non k) was as easy as putting a 64gb c14 3000mhz kit in and enabling xmp. Has run perfectly from day one.

I was actually pleasantly surprised that it ran such a large amount of ram at that speed and latency with no tweaking at all.

Back
Top Bottom