Detroit: Become Human (PS4 exclusive)

Caporegime
Anyone getting this? From what I've seen it sort of looks like a futuristic LA Noire style of game, with many choices that affect the story.

It's out on the 25th next month.

Detroit: Become Human is an upcoming action-adventure game developed by Quantic Dream and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment for the PlayStation 4. The plot revolves around three androids: Kara, who escapes the factory she was made in to explore her newfound sentience; Connor, whose job it is to hunt down deviant androids; and Markus, who devotes himself to releasing the androids from servitude. They may survive or perish depending on dialogue choices that shape the story as customised by the player.

Associate
It's by the heavy rain guys if I remember correctly. Heard a lot of buzz but I'll probably hold off till it drops in price a bit

Caporegime
Eventually but when it's a tenner or so. Heavy Rain was good on first play, second time I tried it I got bored and Beyond Two Souls I haven't even started yet after buying it 18 months ago. :(

Soldato
I'm definitely getting it on release (have it pre-ordered), I really enjoyed Heavy Rain etc and this looks amazing. I appreciate it may not appeal to everyone but yeah I'm looking forward to it.

Soldato
Heavy Rain was a pretty decent game, re-issue on PS4 wasn't too bad. Beyond two souls wasn't too bad either, but not everyone likes David Cages style.

I'll take a look at this once it hits a price I'd be happy to pay.

Soldato
I'm watching it with interest, but I'm not pre-ordering it. I liked Quantic Dream's previous games but storytelling in games has come along a bit since then and I'm not convinced David Cage is as good at writing as he thinks he is. I'll wait and see what the reviews say.

Soldato
Keeping an eye on it as it shows a lot of promise and looks interesting but not getting it on release or preordering (I never do, it's pointless). Will grab it at some point if the reviews are decent and when I deal with my huge backlog of pretty awesome games I left unfinished.

Associate
Loved Beyond 2 Souls. Surprised nobody seems to have mentioned it but stranger things really ripped it off.11 is very similar to Jodie and where she is kept etc. Looking forward to seeing how impressive the Gfx are: hope the story is great too. Think it will be one that drops in price very quickly and improves with patches but probs won’t be able to resist buying it on release as I love these type of games: until Dawn being my first experience of the style and probably my fav PS4 game.

Soldato
I still remember the demo for Heavy Rain, seems they have faith in their games and release demos, which is a damn rare thing these days.

I'll give the demo a whirl.

Soldato
Just finished the demo. It weighs in at about 2.3gb. The last Quantic title I played was Fahrenheit many years ago on the PC and I enjoyed that despite it's weirdness.

The demo is just under 10minutes now and quite good I thought! The visuals are cutscene quality to the point where I had a 'Bioshock 1' moment and hadn't realised a cutscene had transitioned into gameplay :o
If I can get this cheap then I may do so depending on the final reviews as I could do with a break from adventure/fps type games like Farcry 5/4, and Yakuza.

I've never played Beyond 2 Souls or Heavy Rain - were they good titles?

Soldato
Just finished the demo. It weighs in at about 2.3gb. The last Quantic title I played was Fahrenheit many years ago on the PC and I enjoyed that despite it's weirdness.

The demo is just under 10minutes now and quite good I thought! The visuals are cutscene quality to the point where I had a 'Bioshock 1' moment and hadn't realised a cutscene had transitioned into gameplay :o
If I can get this cheap then I may do so depending on the final reviews as I could do with a break from adventure/fps type games like Farcry 5/4, and Yakuza.

Both are good, I preferred Heavy Rain, didn't like all the supernatural stuff in Beyond as much.

Soldato

Heavy Rain IMO was a pretty decent game, PS3 performance was terrible in places, screen tearing in loads of scenes which really took away from the overall experience - but the PS4 re-release fixed that , looks a tad dated now but still a great game.

Beyond 2 souls is not too bad, but I preferred Heavy Rain.

Back
Top Bottom