Lightweight Waterproof Summer Gloves

Soldato
Difficult to find, summer gloves are great as they are well vented but also very thin so you can get blisters after a short time with certain gloves, downside being most won't be waterproof because of how they are vented.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
You could get GoreTex gloves, its a compromise between being breathable whilst being completely waterproof. But I would just get 2 sets of gloves, cheaper and better.

Associate
OP
You could get GoreTex gloves, its a compromise between being breathable whilst being completely waterproof. But I would just get 2 sets of gloves, cheaper and better.
I already have Goretex winter gloves but they're far too hot for summer use. I was more wondering if anyone had any experience with anything like the Alpinestars Celer gloves?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I already have Goretex winter gloves but they're far too hot for summer use. I was more wondering if anyone had any experience with anything like the Alpinestars Celer gloves?
Anything waterproof will be hot for summer use, the whole point of summer gloves is to be vented whilst wateproof gloves are the opposite.

Soldato

I've got those. Had the same issue, I love the lightness of summer gloves but I didn't want wet hands!

The Celer's are great, totally waterproof as you'd expect with gore-tex and thin enough for summer. They're warmer than pure summer gloves obviously but I don't find them as issue.

Buy.

Man of Honour
Just get regular summer mesh gloves and keep a pair of those plastic gloves you get at service stations in your pocket in case it rains.

Associate
I use Held Race-Tex during summer months. They're Gore-Tex, very comfy and have kevlar reinforcement.

Used them touring to Spain last year, hands got a bit sweaty negotiating town traffic in 30+c temps but that would've happened without gloves! Been caught out in a few heavy downpours and the Gore-Tex side of them lived up to it's reputation. Can't recommend them enough.

Currently reduced at SBS by over 35% https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/111402

Soldato
I use Held Race-Tex during summer months. They're Gore-Tex, very comfy and have kevlar reinforcement.

Used them touring to Spain last year, hands got a bit sweaty negotiating town traffic in 30+c temps but that would've happened without gloves! Been caught out in a few heavy downpours and the Gore-Tex side of them lived up to it's reputation. Can't recommend them enough.

Currently reduced at SBS by over 35% https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/111402
I've got these too, they're fine for temps up to mid-20's but I've also got a pair of RST tractech evo-r vented gloved and you realise after going from these back to the held gloves just how warm they are!! The RST's are proper vented, good for mid-30's Italian heat :cool: Stretch out your fingers and you can feel the air coming through all the vents.

OP - what's your definition of 'warm'? If it's normal summer temps, the held racetex are one of the best. If you want proper vented gloved good for high 20's and above then you're not going to find any that are waterproof. You night find some textile goretex gloved which should be a bit cooler than leather ones.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the responses all. Reckon I'll go try on both the Celer gloves and those Race-Tex gloves and see which feel more comfy.
I've got a pair of perforated gloves for when it's dry, I'm after something for the really wet days when touring. Last year we got caught out in Germany/Austria for a couple of days and all got soaked, It was still pretty warm but I had no choice other than to wear my winter gloves and ended up both wet and sweaty.

Soldato
In that case the Held Racetex gloves will be perfect.

You could probably wear them the whole trip, but if you get 35 degree temperatures like we did in Italy last summer you'll be glad of a second properly vented pair!

Back
Top Bottom