Asus B350 F Memory Settings

Associate
Hi all,

I have just upgraded my pc to a Ryzen 5 1600x, Asus Strix B350-F and 16 (2 x 8) gb of Team Group Dark T Force memory @ 3000 Mhz. However I am having difficulty reaching the advertised ram speed (This ram is on the QVL).

When I first booted, the ram defaulted to 2133 Mhz and is obviously stable at this speed. After flashing the BIOS and installing the latest chipset drivers I am now attempting to increase this with somewhat disappointing results.

Initially I just set the RAM to the D.O.C.P profile, which is 16-18-18-36 @ 3000 Mhz (Memory frequency @ 2933). Upon restarting, the system wouldn't post. It made around 5 attempts before booting into safe mode at 2133 again.

I have tweaked around with the settings but the best I have managed to get it to boot with are:
D.O.C.P profile enabled
Frequency capped at 2666 Mhz.

Does anyone have any recommendations of different settings I can try? This is my first attempt at overclocking anything as I always had my 8320 at stock so there's a good chance I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Associate
OP
I have had a couple more issues even with 2666Mhz @ 1.35v. I noticed yesterday it failed to boot on the first attempt but managed it on the second. It was perfectly stable once booted though as I gamed for around 4 hours without issue. However, this morning, without any changes, it failed to boot again. As per your suggestion I have upped the voltage but only to 1.4 and left it at 2666. It booted first time round so I may leave it at that for the time being. If it remains stable for a few days I'll try knocking it up some more.

Thanks for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom