**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
He definitely won't strike as much but Al was managing to avoid his single leg attempts after round 2 and in the grapple he's got a particular trip he likes to go to.

Not saying it'd be easy to avoid the takedown but the likes of Ferguson could mitigate it somewhat.

Might be a moot point though because didn't Dana say they wouldn't be making that fight again?

Soldato
Not sure what happened with Khabib, not sure if he was tired, or Al was better than he thought or he didn't want to smash him too badly on the ground (unlikely I know), or even if all the stress got to him from the bus incident and opponent changes - but compared to the Barbosa fight he looked like a different man!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Fight night this weekend looks decent to me, arguably better than last weekends card on paper (shame about the token Women's fight but meh).

Gaethje Vs Poirier potential FOTY, keep an eye out for Adesanya if you haven't seen him before as well, very flashy striker.

Poirier Vs Gaethje
Condit Vs Oliveira
Adesanya Vs Vettori
Waterson Vs Casey

Ree

Ree

Associate
yup someone is getting ko'd in the poirier fight am really looking forward to that however long it will last, bloody shame brown got injured, i thought him and condit woulda bee a cracking fight too.

Associate
Nathaniel Wood has just signed with the UFC, another Brit on the roster! Can't say i've seen much of him, but he seems to be a bit of a finisher.
I've seen this fella live and watched a good amount of his fights. I'm pretty hot on him actually - seems to be finding what works for him and is becoming well rounded.

He has a big step up in competition with Johnny Eduardo in his UFC debut coming up soon so look out for that.

Wasn't overly impressed by Adesanya's performance, in fact I thought he lost 29-28.

I did think he got the nod but wasn't too impressed either - Ealy days though, we'll have to see how he gets on making the transition to MMA. His kickboxing career has been fantastic, worth checking some of those fights out for sure!

Associate
I don't want to look past the next few cards but UFC 225 is looking ridiculously good.

Robert Whittaker vs Yoel Romero
RDA vs Coby Covington
Overeem vs Blaydes
Arlovski vs Tuivasa
CM Punk vs Mike Jackson
Holm vs Anderson
Lamas vs Bektic
Gadelha vs Esparza
Evans vs Smith
Benavidez vs Pettis
Coulter vs Crowser
Santiago vs Ige
Guida vs Green

With the exception of Santiago vs Ige as I don't know either of these, it looks very good. I'm intrigued by the CM Punk fight, it'll be good to see if he's improved although I think it's an insult to the other fights below them to put that fight so high on the card.

Back
Top Bottom