Is it time for a PSU upgrade? (7 years on CX430 v2)

Associate
I have a corsair CX430 v2 (the green one with bronze 80+ certification) since mid 2011.

It's been in an old HP compaq computer, then my current computer with specs below using a GTX460 for 6 years with coil whine only during gaming, then upgrading to my current gtx 1060 (no coil whine) last year.

At the time the unit was recommended and bought here, but it seems opinions for low end corsair units have changed. I've had no issues apart from coil whine from my old GTX460 on heavy gaming, which is no longer present once I changed the graphics card. There was a also a period of 6 months when I did do folding@home towards the start of the computer's life.

Is it time to upgrade/change it or should I keep it until it fails?

Associate
It's a decent one, I've used & recommended it before as an entry-level PSU.

You can get a PSU tester for <£10 to check it's still within spec, so unless you need more watts for a PSU upgrade it sounds like you're good for now.

Soldato
Waiting can pay off, our home system run on an EVGA(see sig) and a Superflower Leadex(other system, 650W) which i grabbed from overclockers on offer(extremely lucky timing in both cases), both fully modular / gold rated, bundles of great length cable, run and look great, grabbed them both around £70 (EVGA is older, think i got that for £65, can't ever imagine that deal will come along again today).

Back
Top Bottom