Anyone with Vitality health insurance cover for themselves and their wife?

Associate
Cut the question short due to title constraints, looking for someone with cover for husband and wife essentially.

I'm part of a gym that gets 50% off with vitality and my company has just changed provider, screwing me over greatly. I'd like to retain my membership and my wife's, I'm told they don't really check in depth and just that the membership is active.

The benefit to me is obviously a cheaper membership and as we're relatively frequent gym users, you should notch up plenty of additional rewards.

I appreciate it's a very random request!

Caporegime
how has your company screwed you? Surely the cost to you is just the excess and the tax you pay on the value of the scheme if you stick with the company plan - I can't imagine getting your own plan (even with 50% discount) would be cheaper for the equivalent level of benefits?

Man of Honour
I have Vitality for my wife and I (and BUPA) but not sure that actually helps you any as I am not sure what the question is, but I am guessing your ask is "am I now going to lose my free points and have to pay for gym membership" then I would suggest yes for the first, perhaps for the second. Does your company offer funder gym membership?

Associate
OP
I have Vitality for my wife and I (and BUPA) but not sure that actually helps you any as I am not sure what the question is, but I am guessing your ask is "am I now going to lose my free points and have to pay for gym membership" then I would suggest yes for the first, perhaps for the second. Does your company offer funder gym membership?

Sorry clearly I did a terrible job of explaining the situation. I'm essentially looking to keep our subsided gym rate without having the fork out for vitality separately (my employer switched to BUPA who don't have a similar scheme with my gym.) With my current gym I wish to 'borrow' someones vitality membership number, my gym will check it's an active vitality membership and then I will retain the 50% rate. You will gain reward points for my gym visits as I understand it

Soldato
I do, sadly i'm planning on setting up my own membership with the gym in a few months so will need it myself.

Whilst i'm not 100% sure of this, check out Vitality Life Insurance. I think you can get the same benefits through that (providing your monthly premium is over £30) so that could work out much cheaper.

Associate
OP
I do, sadly i'm planning on setting up my own membership with the gym in a few months so will need it myself.

Whilst i'm not 100% sure of this, check out Vitality Life Insurance. I think you can get the same benefits through that (providing your monthly premium is over £30) so that could work out much cheaper.

yup you're spot on, I think they state a 40% discount but I'm not sure if my local screws with prices somewhat as when I asked for numbers, it was nothing like that. Factoring in the life insurance costs as well, it was about a tenner saved each month.

Random aside, is your health insurance considered 'joint' with your wife or basically two individual memberships? My brother has a policy so I'm thinking I can use his and maybe find another individual female to cover my wife

Soldato
Do you not have Life/Illness Insurance anyway? You could cancel those if you do to negate any extra payments. Beyond that it's probably handy to have, especially if you still save on the membership (along with any additional benefits like the Starbucks/Cinema tickets)

I'm not really sure to be honest, the policy is mine through work and then my wife is added on. She has a unique membership number but i don't think she's eligible for certain benefits like the Apple Watch.

Back
Top Bottom