Spec me some films

Soldato
I'm going to be flying for 4 hours each way and would like some movie recommendations from OcUK's finest movie nerds to keep me entertained.

Favourite films include The Theory of Everything, The Imitation Game, Sully and The Bank Job. Generally not a fan of romantic films or comedies, although Pineapple Express got a good laugh out of me. Prefer thrillers, historical, biographical and action (although nothing too far-fetched, e.g. Jason Statham beating up 24 people at the same time).

Any recommendations?

I've got the Darkest Hour down so far.

Soldato
OP
eddie the eagle was surprisingly enjoyable.
I watched the trailer and I'm dubious but I'm going to give it a go seeing as you've said it was surprisingly enjoyable.

The Darkest hour and Eye in the sky.

The Darkest Hour is already on the list and I've watched Eye in the sky already (it was fantastic).

My list so far (including backup films) is:
The Darkest Hour
Eddie the Eagle
Dunkirk
War for the Planet of the Apes
The Man Who Knew Infinity
Sicario

Caporegime
Based on what you've enjoyed, the Big Short and Spotlight. Both true stories and both very good. The Big Short changed my opinion of Steve Carrell completely. Couldn't stand the guy before.

Associate
Darkest Hour and Dunkirk pair very well (I re-watched Dunkirk after seeing Darkest Hour in the cinema)

Agree with @Diddums - Big Short does a great job of keeping Wall Street interesting. Hacksaw Ridge is also an awesome WW2 film.

The Bank Job -> The Town, No Country For Old Men and Heat (also Den of Thieves, but watch Heat first)
Sully -> Captain Phillips, Bridge of Spies and Flight

Back
Top Bottom