*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Pretty sure if it's installed on the system it's there for everyone. I've got multiple accounts and they can all see and use the same content.

When you start a game it even prompts you asking which account you want to use before it launches.

Correct

Sounds great, but its a pain in the bum if your switch ever gets lost or broken.

The digital games are primarily tied to the machine, your account is just a tool to facilitate the download.

Soldato
Payday 2 decent on the Switch? I enjoy playing it on PC, Just trying to expand my 1 game library and have an excuse to take my switch with me when i go out, and listen to Dead man's hand whilst robbing a bank :D one of the best soundtracks on the game imo.

Soldato
Reviews were mixed. Mostly negative. There is fun to be had if you team up but if you want to talk to eachother you're going to have to find other means. Graphically it's a bit ropey. I've not played it so this is from what I've read.

Soldato
There is this to think about:

Writing on its Japanese support site, Nintendo has clarified that using third-party USB-C cables with the Switch is okay, so long as they contain a 56kΩ resistor.

This should prevent any dodgy cables from over-charging and damaging your console, or causing it to take too long to charge, reports Ars Technica.

I don't know how important that is, but I bought a new cable because of it.

I bought this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B011995DDO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This may sound like a silly question but is the USB A to C cable that comes with the pro controller compatible?

Soldato
Picked up Guns, Gore and Cannoli at the weekend pretty good fun side scroller with coop.

First time I have bought through the e-shop on my phone as normally do it on the console, pleasantly surprised to purchase it, see it appear on the switch and start to download automatically.

Soldato
Pro Yakyuu Famista Evolution Announced for Switch

Here is an overview of the game:

The ultra definitive edition baseball game appears on Nintendo Switch!

Featuring more than 1,000 players, much higher than previous entries!

In addition to Nippon Professional Baseball players, selections from the Route Inn BC League, Shikoku Island League Plus, Women’s Softball League, and Tokyo Big6 team will appear for the first time. The Nippon Professional Baseball Golden Players Club and Japan Women’s Baseball League will also return from previous games. Create your dream team!

Game modes have also evolved. The series’ popular Dream Penant and climactic online battles, as well as the Famista Fantasy and Board de Famista modes where you develop an original player are all included. New action elements have also been added.

Swing the Joy-Con and hit the ball! Or throw it! Come see Famista‘s 32nd year evolution!

Associate
New issue with my son's Switch. It won't charge or display picture to the TV when plugged into the dock. The Switch console still charges using the OEM power cable however nothing when plugged into the dock. Any suggestions?

No reciept (lost in the abyss) so hopefully don't need to fork out around £90 for a new dock from Ninty.

Associate
New issue with my son's Switch. It won't charge or display picture to the TV when plugged into the dock. The Switch console still charges using the OEM power cable however nothing when plugged into the dock. Any suggestions?

No reciept (lost in the abyss) so hopefully don't need to fork out around £90 for a new dock from Ninty.
Did you buy it in a shop?
If you did need to buy a new dock I'd suggest just looking on eBay, many people only using the switch as a portable console and haven't even touched the dock

Just had a look then and they're selling for £30-£40

fez

fez

Caporegime

I don't suppose you have ever used it with a third party dock? Is it still working in handheld mode or just charging?

Associate
I don't suppose you have ever used it with a third party dock? Is it still working in handheld mode or just charging?

No 3rd party dock no. It works perfectly in handheld mode yes. Apparently a power recycle (Power off at wall then back on after a minute) resolves the issue. Will try it after work.

Soldato
I had an issue with my dock not working how I got it working was to unplug everything from the dock, leave it 30 minutes, then plug in the HDMI, followed by my USB network then the power, redocked the console and it started working again.

Kimbie

Soldato

Did you buy on card? If so, you don't need a receipt. A card statement counts as proof of purchase.

Associate
I had an issue with my dock not working how I got it working was to unplug everything from the dock, leave it 30 minutes, then plug in the HDMI, followed by my USB network then the power, redocked the console and it started working again.

Kimbie

Tried this yesterday (though only unplugged it for around 3 minutes) with no success. Unplugged everything overnight and tried again this morning. We now have a working dock :D

Back
Top Bottom