First ever OCUK Sponsored VR Table Tennis Tournament

Soldato
OP
Looking forward to this!

Format depends a little on how many players are entering once we have an idea of numbers we can decide on length of game. I'd like to see it open to forum members only. However if people want to make an account to be able to join in then I wouldn't ask for a minimum post count or something like that.

Nik, are you entering?

Oh lord, I bought this the other day when on offer but I can't even beat Amateur :D:D
It's really good though

Gerinako, will you be putting your name down for the competition?

Amazing idea. Really need to get my setup in a bigger room as it doesn’t lend itself to vr tt!!

Lakeland, get your room sorted yet? Will I put your name down?

Soldato
OP

Ok guys, we are going to get this show on the road :cool::)

I am going to make a new thread for the actual competition. But, Just wanted to run the rules, format etc by you all before that. I am presuming that everybody has the Steam version of Eleven Table Tennis? If you haven't already, please add your Steam name to your posts.

Format:

The players will be split into 3 groups of 4. The top two players from each group will go into the Quarter finals along with the two best third place players. I know one group at the moment will only have 3 players, but, hopefully ViveUK will join in before the group stages are over. But, if that doesn't happen, the player in third place in the group of 3 will play against the third place player in the lowest position from the other groups for that final quarter final spot.

Matches will be home and away but on the same day. The Matches will consist of 5 minute warm ups and then 3 games with one player hosting. Then switch to the other player hosting with another 5 minute warmup and 3 more games. So there will be a total of 6 games for each match. The 5 minute warmup is just to get the ping levels right for the two players. Matches should only take 45 minutes probably less.

In the event of a tie, the player who wins the most away games wins the match. If it's still level after that, it's down to score difference.
You will get 3 points for a win, 1 point for a loss.
If two players end on the same points in the table their positions will be decided on the head to head between those two players.
If 3 players are on the same points, it will be number of away games won, then point differences.

Quarter Finals and Semi finals will be 8 games with the Final 10 games.

Rules:
The rules will be Eleven Table Tennis rules in game but with just a few additions.

1. Serve: You have to make sure the other player is ready before serving.
2. Home player serves first.
3. You must use the default bat.
4. Studio Environment with green table and white ball.
5. Disconnects: If one player has a network/real life problem and has to step away from the game, The game continues from the score that the player left at.

Other bits and Pieces:

When the other thread is setup and games begin It's important that players post the results of their matches. Not just the final results, but the final score of each game.
It would also be good if players can post in the other thread the time and dates that they are going to play so that people can spectate if they want.

Ok, Have a few questions for you all.

Is everyone happy with the format? I know it's normally best of 3 or best of 5 for table tennis tournaments. But, I want players to get home and away games without it actually been a whole new match.

Should players save the replays of every game they play?

Do players want to arrange the games themselves or do we want set times? I was thinking maybe that players organise the group games between themselves but for the latter stages of the tournament have set dates and times for each match. IF players want set times, then they would need to send me days and times that suit them to play and I will try to work out fixtures based on those times and post them in the tournament thread. If players want to organise the group games themselves, then I just set a date that the group games have to be played by.

Any other issues or things that you can think of? Let me know before Wednesday evening. I hope to start the Tournament this weekend and run it over the month of May, with the final on the 1st of June. Or Do you all want it quicker than that? Run it over two weeks or something?

Lastly, It's only for fun. Remember that!!

Last edited:
Associate
I don't have the Steam version, just the Oculus one. I think the game is cross platform though so it won't matter, correct me if I'm wrong.

OcUK Staff
Nice work, and to all players!

giphy.gif

Soldato
OP
I don't have the Steam version, just the Oculus one. I think the game is cross platform though so it won't matter, correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, it's cross platform. Having everyone's steam name just makes it easier to communicate to setup games etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom