Ps4 Pro with Denon AVR-X2200W Flickering Issue

Associate
Hi All

Was hoping someone could help me with the following.

I have recently purchased a PS4 Pro and have connected it through the my Denon AVR-X2200W amp. I get a picture ok, but at times I noticed a flicker. This never use to happen with my previous original PS4.

Tried two different HDMI cables but still the same problem. Also both are on the latest firmware.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do.

Thanks

Soldato
I believe this a standard issue with ps4 pro when trying to output 4k RGB (I recall reading changing to the alternative output may resolve it).I have this issue with my Denon 2400h and Samsung ks7000 tv (interface issue between tv and ps4 I believe)

Also, it's worth checking if your amp supports hdmi 2..2/4k/hdr

Soldato
There seems so many problems getting kit to talk to each other correctly - it shouldn't be this difficult. I have PS4 Pro - Yamaha RXV581 - XE9305. Initially I couldn't get the PS4 Pro to go full 4k/HDR, kept on telling me that my TV was capable of more and there were settings to change. Much head scratching later and I found a setting on the Yamaha which changed the HDMI ports from Mode 2 to Mode 1 (I believe) and suddenly everything started working as it should do. All 3 devices are HDCP 2.2 and I'm pleased to say no further resolution or settings issues.
I've never seen the flicker, however I'm told Samsung TV's have a bit of a handshake issue.

Soldato
There seems so many problems getting kit to talk to each other correctly - it shouldn't be this difficult. I have PS4 Pro - Yamaha RXV581 - XE9305. Initially I couldn't get the PS4 Pro to go full 4k/HDR, kept on telling me that my TV was capable of more and there were settings to change. Much head scratching later and I found a setting on the Yamaha which changed the HDMI ports from Mode 2 to Mode 1 (I believe) and suddenly everything started working as it should do. All 3 devices are HDCP 2.2 and I'm pleased to say no further resolution or settings issues.
I've never seen the flicker, however I'm told Samsung TV's have a bit of a handshake issue.

I've just got myself an XE93 and came across this message from the PS4. I googled it and it's a setting in the TV's source options that you have to enable "enhanced mode" for that input.

Soldato
Yer - I found the TV setting quite quickly, but the Yamaha issue, changing of the HDMI mode was something I had to do from the unit itself (Cannot do from either the remote control or web interface) and I only found reference to it on one obscure forum :)

Soldato
I have really similar setup to you, PS4 pro with Denon amp. Top tip is to put the hdmi cable in to the closest port to the output hdmi port, then in settings you can remap the port number to the correct name. I had to do this to get full HDR 4k etc.

Back
Top Bottom