Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4]

Associate
Has to be the greatest PS4 game. When you take into account it’s a brand new IP then it really is incredible. Aloy is up there with the great video game characters such as Nathan Drake imo. Hopefully they keep it up in the sequel. Must be so difficult to make a great original game so it’s an amazing achievement. Whether it’s because I played it on the pro in hdr I don’t know but the Gfx were the ps4’s Best so far (better than GOW imo). Thought the story was brilliant and loved the combat.

Soldato
Has to be the greatest PS4 game. When you take into account it’s a brand new IP then it really is incredible. Aloy is up there with the great video game characters such as Nathan Drake imo. Hopefully they keep it up in the sequel. Must be so difficult to make a great original game so it’s an amazing achievement. Whether it’s because I played it on the pro in hdr I don’t know but the Gfx were the ps4’s Best so far (better than GOW imo). Thought the story was brilliant and loved the combat.
I agree it's a great game and story but I disagree on the characters, particularly Aloy. I found them all quite plastic, samey and the voice acting was uninspiring.

Soldato
I agree it's a great game and story but I disagree on the characters, particularly Aloy. I found them all quite plastic, samey and the voice acting was uninspiring.

Yeah I have to agree, recently started to try this again from the start as Zelda won it for me back when they released so close together that I never returned to this.

The conversations are so stale/lifeless for the most part. The main character is well voiced, it's just the weird animations during conversations kill it for me in that respect.

It's clearly a good game, I'm going to get God of war wrapped up first then properly try and get into this. Do get fed up with her banging on about her "focus" all the time :D but a small gripe

Soldato

I agree she is pretty boring along with the majority of characters, Witcher 3 i felt was the better game even though HZD was more polished and W3 was janky at times it had me actually feeling something as the people acted like real people, i just hope HZD is not a sign of the future of games where everyone acts like robots.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
I agree she is pretty boring along with the majority of characters, Witcher 3 i felt was the better game even though HZD was more polished and W3 was janky at times it had me actually feeling something as the people acted like real people, i just hope HZD is not a sign of the future of games where everyone acts like robots.

Real life isn't that far off.

Soldato
Voice acting in HZD was OK, but I think other titles are far better. UC4, TLOU, Witcher 3 (except cheesy geralt!).

HZD is a great new IP but definitely room for improvement. For example towns were very superficial and seemed to have very few buildings that could be entered and NPC's were always the same day or night. It felt very one dimensional. Not sure how badly hardware limited design choices but I would have preferred to see better towns.

Not enough caves and areas to explore for my liking either. I really felt they could have brought the back story to life in a more diverse and interesting way. There are so many cool things they could have done.

Soldato
Just got a PS4 pro and playing the complete edition for the first time and I'm absolutely loving this, its even keeping me away from God of war lol

Love the world and the dinos
The best game I've played, couldn't put it down,I was even on it for 13 hours one day :)
I'm waiting to get the add on for a little bit as I've got loads of other games to play.

Back
Top Bottom