Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Yes - 42mm non cellular

Votes: 49 28.0%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 71 40.6%

• Total voters
Commissario
OP
No, that's not happened to me. I do sometimes get one or two hours of stand time logged while I'm sleeping. I'm quite restless while I sleep which is why I think it registers. That could well have happened to you because 11:00 is actually the twelfth hour of the day.

Commissario
OP
My watch has died. I went out in the car earlier, between leaving home and driving away from Tesco, the display has packed up. The watch is still working but the display now only has a very thin horizontal line across the screen. Of course, I've taken it off so it's locked and I can't do anything with it.
I'm driving past an Apple store tomorrow so I'll take it in but that won't be until the evening and it means I'm going to lose my streak of closing all three rings which is approaching 700.

Soldato
I thought the watch still tracked activity when when it is locked so you might still be good as the data is held on the phone when it comes time to switch.

It makes for quite a useless watch though until you get a new one sorted!

Commissario
OP
I found out today that yes, it does track activity when locked. However, Apple policy on watches is that they don't do repairs or any work on them in store, they're all sent away.

So my streak has been broken :(

Soldato
Anyone else find low power mode useless? It barely functions as purely a watch.

Also, I still have issues whereby it won’t connect to local WiFi. I think this, in part, is why Siri can be so slow? Anyone else have issues with slow Siri?

Soldato
I found out today that yes, it does track activity when locked. However, Apple policy on watches is that they don't do repairs or any work on them in store, they're all sent away.

So my streak has been broken :(

Random thought, couldn't you purchase a new Watch and use it whilst your's is being repaired, then return the new one when you receive it back?

Soldato
Anyone else find low power mode useless? It barely functions as purely a watch.

Also, I still have issues whereby it won’t connect to local WiFi. I think this, in part, is why Siri can be so slow? Anyone else have issues with slow Siri?

Yes mine is always slow. I think my issue is because I use Google WiFi at home which auto switches between 2.4GHz and 5GHz when the watch only connects on 2.4GHz AFAIK? So chances are my Phone is always on 5GHz and never connects via wireless.

Commissario
OP
Random thought, couldn't you purchase a new Watch and use it whilst your's is being repaired, then return the new one when you receive it back?
The store manager actually suggested this. I didn’t want to do it for a couple of reasons. The first is that I don’t have the cash available quickly to do it. The second is the distance I live from the store so would have to make a special trip back to return it and third (yes, I know I said a couple, not three), it wouldn’t feel right to buy something with the knowledge I was going to be returning it.

Associate
I am now an iphone user again and I want a smartwatch, luckily Apple seem the best so I am going to get the 42mm non cellular.

I would like a steel strap but the Apple one is expensive. Anyone know of any?

Soldato
Someone on here always recommends Juuk straps. They do look quite nice.

I bought a cheap £15 from Amazon last year. rarely use it

Yeah me. Eugene who runs the company used to work in the watch industry and so started Juuk with all his manufacturing contacts, so the parts are all machined to a high fit and finish and he offers smart and casual options in aluminium, stainless steel and now leather. His customer service is great too. If you get one in the sales they're even better value, although I'm not planning on building a collection of them like this guy on AVF has.

Associate
Yeah me. Eugene who runs the company used to work in the watch industry and so started Juuk with all his manufacturing contacts, so the parts are all machined to a high fit and finish and he offers smart and casual options in aluminium, stainless steel and now leather. His customer service is great too. If you get one in the sales they're even better value, although I'm not planning on building a collection of them like this guy on AVF has.
That would be me, cannot fault these straps at all. Here is my collection https://imgur.com/gallery/R4DKeow

Associate
Just bought the wife an Apple Watch S3 for her surprise birthday present at the weekend. Have to say being an Android user it looks really good. She recently got an iPhone X and knowing she can be a little clumsy i slapped a case & screen protector on it, just wondering if anyone uses a screen protector with the watch and which ones?

Commissario
OP
just wondering if anyone uses a screen protector with the watch and which ones?
No. I never felt the need to put any kind of cover or protector on my mechanical watches (which are worth a shedload more than my smartwatch) so really don't understand the reason for doing it to an Apple Watch.

I tried it once when I first got one and after a few hours thought to myself "lol, idiot" and peeled it off.

Soldato
I don’t use one either but it will break if you drop it, I don’t think a screen protector would help with that anyway. The same could be said for a lot of things though these days (like phones).

The watch bands work well and I have never felt like it was going to come off.

Soldato
Looking at an AW guys. IS the 1st / 2nd gen AW still worth it for the most basic things? eg. time :p (basically, are they still fairly quick / usable???)

Soldato
I wouldn’t consider a 1st or 2nd gen now. The S3 was a serious step up in CPU performance and battery life. The gen1 will no longer get software updates including those who paid £10k+ for one!

I also wouldn’t get an Apple watch if you just want it to tell the time, it’s not a great watch if I am honest. It’s more like an extension of your phone and a fit bit on steroids.

Gen 4 rumours are going the rounds so expect a big drop on the 3 shortly.

For reference I own a gen 3 and wear it daily.

Back
Top Bottom