Do you have a photo of yourself on your work email?

Soldato
If we're talking about the picture in Outlook (which is generally based on an Active Directory account) then a lot of companies force that, as it's internal only. If we're talking about having a picture on an email that goes external - awww hell no!

Commissario
In my previous company we had pictures attached to Outlook/Lync profiles and it worked well. I was responsible for taking the pictures of people in the office I worked out of.

Associate
I like it and it wish it was enforced in my work. We have c300 staff, I've been here less than a year and we only had 160 when I joined so I don't know who tf most of the people are at the best of times.

Man of Honour
Today a woman came into the office and bought a lot of cakes/chocolate and I had no idea who she was but it turned out to be a Solicitor I have had contact with at least once a week for the last 8 years. She also had no idea who I was so it would be a useful function to have pictures on email.
Only yesterday I was imagining what a local Coroner looked like because I've spoken to/emailed her many times and I thought she may look like the woman quiz master off The Chase.
Turns out she is very small and very thin :)
It has always been one of my annoyances that I don't know what people look like and that goes for this place also.

Caporegime
Today a woman came into the office and bought a lot of cakes/chocolate and I had no idea who she was but it turned out to be a Solicitor I have had contact with at least once a week for the last 8 years. She also had no idea who I was so it would be a useful function to have pictures on email.

Does the solicitor actually work for the same organisation as you though?

Soldato
No chance. I wouldn't even be allowed where I work.

If company wants to use your face externally for official business you have a right to say no or demand royalties. If it's on their website you also have a right to have it removed.

Soldato
Hell no.

I also judge those that do instantly. If you happen to be wearing one of those stupid shirts that are plain blue with white collars/cuffs I will go out of my way to be unhelpful.
Haha... Yes it's hard to take people who wear those shirts seriously!

I'd say about 50% at my work have added their photo. Most seem to be pretty normal corporate photos but a few have gone a bit OTT.

I haz 4090!
Don
Standard practise at our place. Has been at my last two places come to think of it. You have a pro photo taken during the induction.

Some of them are funny though. One lad insisted on being standing, sideways on, with his coat over his shoulder hanging off his finger. :D

Associate
Where I work when you search for someone via the intranet pretty much all of us have a pic on our profiles. We do not attache face pics to emails however.

Back
Top Bottom