Need a new PSU? Review one of ours and you can keep it!

maxresdefault.jpg

be quiet! have approached us with some 550/650W samples their latest range Straight Power 11 PSUs and they're so confident about their quality and performance that they want us to give them away to selected forum members to try out and review. #WeLoveFreeStuff

CA127BQ_179503_750x750.jpg

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/be-q...plus-gold-modular-power-supply-ca-127-bq.html

Just comment below if you've have any great experiences with the brand (don't worry if not!) and what rig you'll be building/upgrading with your sample. We'll select some members at the end of next week to receive one for free! - All you have to do is post your review on the product page when you're done. :D

Look forward to seeing what projects you're all tinkering with.

Connor

Associate
Hi Connor, I've always heard great things about be-quite! Psu's although never used one. I'm just about to setup my new pc which the main parts are AMD ryzen 1600 / 8 pack ram and RX580 and going into a nice new white Silverstone PM02 :D

As you can see in my sig I tend to keep pc's for quite a while so need solid components which I think this would be great for and as such can provide updates both now and in a few years!

All parts are purchased (mainly from ocuk) and are waiting a few others.

I wasn't planning to upgrade my psu but think this would fit into my build

Let me know if you need further details.

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
I've used be quiet! fans in my first computer - they were actually my very first computer upgrade.

I'm in the process of upgrading my computer with a custom waterloop - last summer it was was unstable for gaming, and I've upgraded the CPU and graphics card since then! :eek:

I'm going with a 140 and 280 radiator as using 140mm over 120mm fans lets me keep the noise down by running the fans slower.

I'm currently running on 430W, so a 550/650W supply would give additional overhead for watercooling.

My system:
Asus - Crosshair V Formula-Z ATX AM3+ Motherboard
AMD - FX-9590 4.7GHz 8-Core CPU
Corsair - Vengeance Pro 8GB DDR3-2400 Memory
PowerColor - Radeon RX 460 2GB Red Dragon Video Card
NZXT - Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair - CX430M Power supply

Man of Honour
I wouldn't mind a 550w to check out. Never used a Bequiet psu before as I always considered them overpriced so it would be nice to see why they are priced so high. It would be for the components in my siggy (new D5 pump along with a Watercool top and new Alphacool XPX cpu block) that I am moving into a desk build. It will consist of a self built two chamber box that will be attached to the underside of my desktop. The desktop will have a large cutout which will be routered around the inside edge so that I can fit a sheet of toughened glass into it so I can see into the top chamber. The top chamber will also have some white led light strips that will be wired to on/off switches so that I can turn them off if I wanted to. The box is built and cutouts for the fans and psu are done. Next job is to make a custom motherboard tray out of Aluminium.

Soldato
I had a bequiet PSU once, think it was 630w, it nuked my old i5 system but on the upside it did die quietly so maybe thats what they mean by 'bequiet'

So which ever one of you gets to review this don't plug it in to hardware you want to keep!

EDIT: can I still enter, I will give them another chance but can I leave it a week or 2 of usage before I give my review and do I get to keep it?

Last edited:
Associate
Happy to take one for the team , well Team Overclockers and Be Quiet anyway :p

seriously though , just ordered some stuff for a ryzen build for my daughter so this would be perfect !.

message or email me if selected .

Associate
My system has been stable for 7 years so far. Unsure whether to upgrade my Corsair CX430 v2 and donate it to upgrade an old office PC that needs a new one.

I've never used a Be Quiet PSU, but a friend of mine has used their case fans before and highly recommends them. Although I've got acquainted to the fan noise, I'm not sure what to expect from a quiet PSU!

My sister has also just built a Ryzen 5 1600 computer with a GTX1070 and currently using an EVGA SuperNOVA G2. As the PC is on the other side of the wall to mum's bed, silence is very important. She (and my mum!) could give a direct comparison of noise levels to the EVGA PSU.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Would love to give a 650 a try against my little 500w Kolink as well as my 860w platinum seasonic, at the very least it would allow me the ability to add the final card to my rig and would mean not running the PSU at the edge - It would be running 7x rx550 GPU's :)

I can't say I have bought any Be Quiet stuff in years as I tend to go straight for Seasonic in my main gaming rigs. I could compare this against all of the above and even see how the 650 unit fares against my Seasonic in my main rig (TR 1950x, 64gb G.Skill, Vega and a selection of 3 other RX cards) - Might have to remove a few cards for testing purposes but im game :).

Edit: Shouldn't have spoke too soon - My Kolink appears to have given up the ghost :( Some info here if you fancy a laugh: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31773826/

Last edited:
Soldato
Tried to beg a friend into buying a sweet new PSU(get him off his aging bronze) for his new coffeelake build i put together a few weeks back inside a Define R4(he grabbed it on special some months back now), but insisted on keeping and reusing his old PSU which meant running the cables directly through the case(else they didn't reach), i'd be thrilled to receive one, plonk it in his system and provide a review based on the experience using the unit. I've only ever built a single system with one BeQuiet (for that very same friend) and whilst that PSU is a BeQuiet, it's only on the cheaper end and aging somewhat now, i'm sure he'd love an upgraded unit to run inside his Coffeelake build to tidy away nicely inside his Fractral(i'd be the one that'll be doing all the work, but i'd love to be doing it). Hit me up with a PM if you'd like us test one out for you, be more than happy to comment on the experience(tough wood it's a good one).

Soldato
I'm just building a rig with Alphacool parts which I won, also on the basis I review them. Case is a bequiet! Pure Base 600 which has been surprisingly accommodating of a 360mm radiator, 120mm radiator and D5 tube reservoir. It's easy to build into without having lots of added features and parts, ideal really. I'll be adding some custom acrylic work to it.

The PSU is the only component that doesn't fit the build, as silence is the ultimate goal and I'd love to keep it on-brand. Currently got an EVGA lined up I think but it's noisy.

Delidded 4690k, GTX 1070, fans on a combined DC voltage/PWM control setup :)

Associate
I would like to enter please, as I have been keeping an eye out for a new PSU to upgrade my wife's gaming PC.

She is currently running an i5 4690k OC'd to 4.3ghz, 16gb 2400 ddr3 ram, R9 280x. Funnily enough the PSU she has is an Be Quiet! Stright Power E7 600w, it's been great and is still working fine, but It's 7 years old next month so I am a bit wary it could go, as her PC gets a lot of 24/7 use (afk fishing in an mmorpg...) and this is the longest lasting PSU We've had so far! Would be quite happy to leave a detailed review, Can't honestly say I know much about PSU tech, from my point of view if it runs well and is fairly quiet then it's a winner. From an unboxing side, I do like PSU with a bit of weight to them, mainly because of the PSU's I have had die, they were all on the light side!

If I were to be selected, I would be the one installing, testing and reviewing the product. My wife is not too tech savvy, so as long as her PC plays whatever mmorpg we are playing at the time, then she is happy!

Thanks.

Soldato
I'd love to have a go with either. Just recently upgraded my case, case fans and CPU cooler (Dark Rock 4 too) so would be nice to see if they can also make a virtually silent PSU to match that lot. System consists of two SSDs, 4690k @ 4.5Ghz, Gtx1080, etc. Virtually silent in all tasks with highs of just over 60c, all on air.

Plus, my Superflower has been starting to give strange chirping noises when play Cities Skylines. Starting to get a bit unnerving but not sure if I want to hunt out my old HX750. :eek:

Don
I'd love to receive a Bequiet PSU to review, having never used any of their products.

My current gaming PC is rocking a Corsair CX430 PSU that others will no doubt inform me is a danger to it's hardware (currently a mildly overclocked G3258 and a Radeon 7950), so a new PSU would be an ideal upgrade.

Associate
I’ve been looking at be quiet! products with much interest lately, having never used one before but heard really good things about them.

I’ve been wanting to sell one and switch to a single GPU so a new lower wattage PSU would be ideal! With the system currently in my sig -

i7 4770K
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro
GTX 780Ti
Silverstone Strider 850w

My current Silverstone PSU is fine but it’s coming up to 8 years old now so I’ll be getting ready for a new one soon I should imagine. I’m getting fed up of a lot of things about it and would be extremely interested to see how one such as this compares - the modular cables look to be a much better design with modern case cable management in mind!

Soldato
The very old power supply in my HTPC has died and I'm looking for something cool and quiet so that it look and sounds the part in my new apartment's living room. I have never used BeQuiet before but have often heard good things.

Back
Top Bottom