Xbox One X

Soldato
Batman Arkham Knight despite being limited to 1920x1080 looks & plays fantastic on X1X better than the PC version due to enhanced rain & water FX & fewer glitches. FPS are also insane!!

Soldato
Batman Arkham Knight despite being limited to 1920x1080 looks & plays fantastic on X1X better than the PC version due to enhanced rain & water FX & fewer glitches. FPS are also insane!!

Think even the base model xbox would better the PC for that game, I remember getting that game for PC on release - ok its been patched now, but it was a right mess at the time. I was extremely disappointed as I'd played the previous two games on PC and enjoyed them very much so. Ended up buying the game again for PS4 - I wasn't best happy and it did sour my PC love at the time.

Soldato
Anyone running a non HDR monitor with the X? I’ve got a 4K HDR TV connected in my man den (43’) but starting to want something smaller maybe around 28” or maybe 32” and considering sacrificing the HDR element for now.

Soldato
Think even the base model xbox would better the PC for that game, I remember getting that game for PC on release - ok its been patched now, but it was a right mess at the time. I was extremely disappointed as I'd played the previous two games on PC and enjoyed them very much so. Ended up buying the game again for PS4 - I wasn't best happy and it did sour my PC love at the time.
Its funny but I bought it on PC at release & never had any issues with it. Most of that was just people with low spec GPU+CPU shouting loudest I found the game very solid at launch.

Does anyone have the new update yet?

Soldato
LOL 30fps is insane? What were you getting on your PC? 8?
45FPS @ 4K. XB1 version has a lot of atmospheric rain FX which is missing on PC although it has Nvidia PhysX which have been broken for about 2 years now!

Tried the new X1X update its 792Mb download with some useful features like the HDMI 2.1 support if you have a Freesync monitor you get the Auto Low Latency (Variable FPS option) & 1440P support if you need it.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/24/...pdate-freesync-support-1440p-low-latency-mode

Soldato
I'm on the fence of moving my XB1X on. Im not really sure if its worth holding on to. So far my experiance with it has impressed me from a technical stand point but I have mostly been playing older games that I have already played on pc or back when they launched. Witcher 3, doom etc.

Am considering keeping it for the multiplatform games only going forward but I'm not sure if it's worth it for just that. Recently grabbed a PS4 Pro and am enjoying that library quite a bit. Plus the Xbox exclusives going forward will be available in PC too so I will still have access if I feel I need to play any of them.

It's an impressive piece of kit but not enough hours in the day lately for 1 console let alone 2. Not even sure what I would get pre owned

Soldato
Gamepass 3m, £14.24 on cdkeys, bargain for all that content, you can get several and stack.
Only thing is the games are unplayable unless you have a valid game pass so your tied to that subscription model forever & most games given away are not recent at all.

Back
Top Bottom