Are we allowed to talk about Amazon?

Soldato
Not sure if this type of thread is allowed but has anyone else noticed over the last few weeks that all the prices of Computer parts at Amazon have gone up on average £5 to £10 so it's no longer a cheap option even with free postage?

Last edited:
Soldato
As long as it's nothing that Overclockers sell you can mention Amazon (Deodorants, car parts etc) but if you're going to direct link to computer parts that's classed as a competitor so no you aren't allowed to mention them.

Soldato
As long as it's nothing that Overclockers sell you can mention Amazon (Deodorants, car parts etc) but if you're going to direct link to computer parts that's classed as a competitor so no you aren't allowed to mention them.
Correct,amazon gets used quite a bit on here but not for items ocuk sell.

Soldato
OP
Nothing to do with being clever or disguised , some forums run a banned word list with an infraction so i wasn't going to risk it.

Not sure how you can ask a question using telepathy on a text forum?

Soldato
Do people really think that saying 'the rainforest' is clever or disguised? Just seems a bit cringey to me.

Considering it used to be forbidden I'm amazed by all the irritable comments that seem to be cropping up about it.

Is it some kind of trendy thing to comment on the obvious caution.

Soldato
OP
I've got my clarification that we can now mention Amazon so I'm happy if a Mod wants to lock this or remove the thread as no one seems to be interested in discussing if they too have noticed recent Amazon price hikes.

Soldato
I've got my clarification that we can now mention Amazon so I'm happy if a Mod wants to lock this or remove the thread as no one seems to be interested in discussing if they too have noticed recent Amazon price hikes.
If you would like to monitor prices, a good site to use is camelcamelcamel (I think..com). Amazon varies prices just like any other websites but can set up alerts etc using the above

Soldato
Nothing to do with being clever or disguised , some forums run a banned word list with an infraction so i wasn't going to risk it.
It's actually against the rules on this forum too, just there's no automated system and the mods stopped actively enforcing it years ago as long as there's no reference to something OCUK also sell. You still see long time users and sticklers for the rules saying rainforest though.

Back
Top Bottom