North Korea

Soldato
its even possible this was a dry run for a high altitude nuclear test (with the collapse of their primary testing facility it is also possible they would turn to this avenue for their next test).

Now that would be an extremely disturbing option given next to no control over where the fallout ends up.

Man of Honour
Now that would be an extremely disturbing option given next to no control over where the fallout ends up.

High altitude tests tends to limit fallout - the worst cases are ground burst or low altitude where debris are contaminated and spread over a wider area. The bigger concern would be potential damage to satellites, etc. which could compromise the GPS system amongst other things.

OK, thanks, cool truck, imagine driving that down the M6... :) Didn't we have some roundabouts with gated islands to let monster trucks proceed without having to go round them? Maybe in Norfolk?

Used to see them a bit back in the day - seem to have mostly been changed in the last couple of decades.

Caporegime
While it's obviously a trojan horse situation, i don't know why the CIA director would just visit a known and dangerous enemy, it makes me think Trump is just bigging it up, unless that is somehow "normal" for a director to do.

Which probably explains a lot of foreign policy situations in the past, that i'm sure the CIA didn't want revealed.

Soldato
because he had assurances from China?
It's becoming increasingly clear that China have had a word with NK and told then to reign it in.

reunification is never gonna happen but if SK, China and the USA can kick start a move towards modernisation it's gonna be beneficial for everyone.

Associate
While it's obviously a trojan horse situation, i don't know why the CIA director would just visit a known and dangerous enemy, it makes me think Trump is just bigging it up, unless that is somehow "normal" for a director to do.

Trojan horse? As in the North Korean leader has entered South Korea with ulterior, deceptive and malicious motives?

Soldato
But he later relaxed, quipping that he hoped Mr Moon would enjoy the cold noodles speciality he had brought from the North and promising that he would no longer interrupt the South Korean president’s sleep with early morning missile tests.

Top banter :p

Back
Top Bottom