Huel: The Future of Food ..

Permabanned
Bought some myself last month and I'm enjoying it as a meal replacement for breakfast usually as I don't get up in time to cook or after training if I know I won't be home for an hour or two.

Whilst it's a bit thicker than the usual protein shakes I find it much better. On days off I'll mix it with strawberries and bananas in the morning too for a change.

Soldato
Nearly finished all of the Huel I got off Freefaller a while back, might use the last of it to see if I can make a giant bowl of fluff with some xanthan gum, crushed ice and several minutes with the electric whisk. One scoop of protein powder makes a pretty huge bowl of fluff so 100g of Huel... should be interesting.

Soldato
I've just recently tried the new vanilla flavour, and I much prefer the original vanilla. The original tastes more natural, whereas the new vanilla has an artificial taste to it.
Anyone tried the new coffee flavour yet?

Soldato
Coffee sounds interesting, but I'm not buying a whole bag without a tester! I need to get back to the Huel train. I was using it for breakfast for a while and it was great!

I'm still happily having Huel and have even upped the amount per day. Two mixes of 150g unflavoured with 8g Cadbury drinking chocolate (~640cals) occasionally being topped up with water, drunk while at work. I've also been having a small mix most nights so I stop munching biscuits, bread etc. I do give it a quick blend as I've found just using a mixer ball and shaking isn't enough. It surprises me how many seem to enjoy the vanilla. The free sample I tried was sickly sweet no matter how much water I added.

Is this the Cadbury's drinking chocolate you use? Does it work well with just water?

Associate
It is indeed. Works fine for me but of course, your millage may vary. :) It's often on discount for a £1 pound off in super markets. My current mix is the Breville bottle, inch of water, the chocolate, whey, huel then I fill the rest of the bottle with water; quick blend and done.

Associate
Got it - thank you!
I guess I will get Huel 2.3 as I don't need the gluten free variant, the improved vanilla flavour because... well new and improved... plus the booster sample set because... it's half price.
First time trying this regular food replacement stuff :)

Soldato
:)
I actually prefer the Original over the new Vanilla because the new one, the vanilla flavour tastes a bit too articificial. Maybe get a bag of Original to compare.
Haven't tried any of the flavour pouches so can't comment on those! But for £3 I might get it next batch.

Soldato
I tried a lot of the flavour pouches and found them all to be too artificially sweet for my taste. Maybe it's just me though.

Really enjoying 2.3 with the Cadbury's powder. Its so much smoother than previous versions of Huel!

Associate
:)
I actually prefer the Original over the new Vanilla because the new one, the vanilla flavour tastes a bit too articificial. Maybe get a bag of Original to compare.
Haven't tried any of the flavour pouches so can't comment on those! But for £3 I might get it next batch.

I don't mind the new vanilla, but then i havent tried the others yet to compare

Associate
Been using the unsweetened / gluten free version daily for over a year (although did started on original vanilla), just a 3 scoop shake for lunch blended with mocha flavour powder and frozen blueberries/strawberries with 300ml of Alpro unsweetened roasted almond milk. Starting now to go 2 meals day. Also use the Huel granola with frozen berries in half an Alpro plain pot, lovely.

The protein bars are nice but I stopped having them as the farts where really bad :D

Not really loosing a lot of weight because I cant help snacking at weekends but at least I'm eating a lot healthier than I was and getting my daily vitamins :)

Back
Top Bottom