For the RGB lovers out there.....

Soldato
Hey.

Here is a quick video of the DF 500 RGB by Antec, giving you an idea of how the front fans look.

And before people talk about the lack of front air flow.....

Here are the front cut outs to allow air via the front :)

CA24TAN_181124_750x750.jpg

Associate
Are those translucent fans? Ingenious.

I can't decide if I like the changing pwm effect; it makes the fans appear to rotate backwards - and it's not all of them in unison.

Soldato
OP
As for the spinning, yeah the camera picks it up very strangely - it's cool. But the human eye doesn't seem to see it like that (or my eyes don't anyway)
I think it maybe like how some LED type lights when recorded on a video seem to flash, but to the naked eye it doesn't.

Associate
I've played with fans/RGB controllers here since seeing the video - I can get to appear to the human eye, but only when the colour is cycling through to another - static colours don't effect it.

At a guess, it's the PWM of the fan being nearly in-sync with the PWM of the fan - but only briefly when changing.

If this is right, we could alter the PWM of the lights over a small range to make the fan appear to be spinning clockwise/anticlockwise intentionally - with finer control, to make it appear static.

Alternatively, we slightly boost the fan out of the PWM range of the LEDs when they're changing colour to eliminate the effect - there has to be a narrow range of frequencies that have a compatible ratio.

I remember reading about capacitor hum having it's lowest audible frequency moved outside of the human audio range in power supplies - the theory behind that is going to overlap here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the case!

I like it - triple 120mm fans in the front. It'd be nice if there was the mounting option for twin-140mm fans too but they'd be off-centre.

Similar 360 front/ 120 rear radiator layout as the NZXT 450 - and it looks like there are slots up top for mounting fans? There's an unpopulated fan slot on the RGB controller that could come in handy here.

Back
Top Bottom