The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
Possibly, but I don't watch any DB stuff, so I wouldn't know. :p

Every other shows I have watched has had terrible dubs, or certain phrases or jokes are completely lost in translation (which subs can still give context for).

fair enough like fist of the north star "Omae wa mou shindeiru!" sounds better than "you are already dead" but majority of the time I prefer Dub, as i can probably tolerate 'bad dubs'.

Soldato
Whoever mentioned plastic memories in this thread... just binge watched it and Jesus the feels

I remember an anime OVA called Kowarekake no Orgel which was released way back in 2009 which was about a boy finding a robot girl who was slowly failing ... now that had "feels" at a whole other level. I like an anime which allows you to engage with it emotionally but that was a whole other level.

In 18 months of crunchyroll ive watched like 2 series on it...it’s a waste, I would watch a lot more if it’s Dubbed. Even if it’s bad it would be better value.

I prefer watching things subbed, with a couple of exceptions, but I canceled my Crunchyroll subscription last year (after many years) as I just wasn't watching things on it due to lack of time.

Associate
Whoever mentioned plastic memories in this thread... just binge watched it and Jesus the feels

That would be me! I tell EVERYONE to watch it, the feels are on a whole new level, like i actually felt things

heart-attack.jpg

Soldato
just bought the blu rays for fate zero parts 1 and 2, after just finishing it the other night on a less than legit streaming site lol

watching the buildworks for fate stay night now and loving it, think ill buy that as well soon :)

cannot believe i ignored this series for so long, i was intimidated by how much there was of it every time i seen it on sites and i ended up ignoring it untill my mate said it was really good if you watch the right ones :)

it makes berserk and claymore look like tea parties with how dark it is lol

think i have a new favourite series now.

Associate
alltheanime.com got Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal Scale - Ltd Collector's Ed. Blu-ray+DVD for £19.99 and also Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - Blu-ray+DVD Ltd Collector's Ed. *AllTheAnime.com Exclusive* for £19.99

Soldato
My copy of SAO II turned up today ... probably should get around to finish watching the first season ...

The film, I wasn't going to order it ... then I did because Amazon had it cheap ... then I cancelled that ... then this offer came up and I ended up reordering it from them .....

Associate
Currently watching Samurai Champloo with the missus - was a massive fan of Cowboy Bepop and didn't know about this until a friend told me last week - Absolutely loving it.
Beautiful animation and superb music, lovable characters and a nice blend of action, comedy, story and emotions in each episode.

Also watching Fate/Apocrypha second season on Netflix and enjoying that - really need to work out best way to approach the rest of the Fate anime though...

Soldato
Currently watching Samurai Champloo with the missus - was a massive fan of Cowboy Bepop and didn't know about this until a friend told me last week - Absolutely loving it.
Beautiful animation and superb music, lovable characters and a nice blend of action, comedy, story and emotions in each episode.

Also watching Fate/Apocrypha second season on Netflix and enjoying that - really need to work out best way to approach the rest of the Fate anime though...

I started on fate/zero then went to fate stay night unlimited blade works which is set 10 years later and it follows on nicely as zero is a prequel.

Just ordered the DVDs for stay/night bladeworks and season 1 of Black Butler :)

Back
Top Bottom