**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Associate
I've just bought a Dome for my S9+. Worth going ahead and fitting. Is the glass smooth? Bit concerned it is a finger print magnet? Cost is outrageous really. Got it from rainforest so still time to send it back..

Soldato
It is very, very smooth. Mine seems to accumulate fingerprints very rapidly and I'm the type who doesn't just pick up a phone with grimy hands. I always ensure they're clean.

You won't find anything better really...

Associate
It is very, very smooth. Mine seems to accumulate fingerprints very rapidly and I'm the type who doesn't just pick up a phone with grimy hands. I always ensure they're clean.

You won't find anything better really...

Mine can be a little grimy. But managed to put a scratch in the front glass. About 1cm long and deep enough you can run your finger over it and just feel it. Not noticeable wen the display is on. I'm fairly careful about letting anything near that may be abrasive. S8 I used for a year without marks. That said it went for speaker repair after 5 months with carphone warehouse tech guys and report said the front and rear glass had been replaced. Bet they cracked them prizing it apart :rolleyes: But ok, I'll go for it with the Dome

Associate
Got notification for it beginning of week. Think it was only a security update to April 1st I think.

In 'Device maintenance' there is the nag to turn on anti virus (for extra 10 points :rolleyes:). Anyone use it? Never bother with av on android phone. Should I be?

Associate
My signal reception is fine. No better or worse than my previous S8. Does occasionally cut during calls which is annoying to say the least. Doesn't do it all the time. Still not sure if it's the phone or rural telecoms.

Associate
My signal reception is fine. No better or worse than my previous S8. Does occasionally cut during calls which is annoying to say the least. Doesn't do it all the time. Still not sure if it's the phone or rural telecoms.

I've recently installed the April update which appears to have stopped the conversation dropping, I just hope it doesn't reappear.

smr

smr

Soldato
hi guys, right my contracts up so i'm paying 30 or so quid a month for an S7..... not value for money! So I'm looking at an S9. What's the best deal/s at the moment?

Soldato
I'm being a bit pedantic :D but hybrid is dual SIM but one of the slots can be used with a Micro SD card if you don't have two SIMs. That's the hybrid element and worth pointing out.

Definitely worth going for the hybrid version though, dual SIM models tend to hold their value better.

Back
Top Bottom