Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - SPOILER FREE DISCUSSION - DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, STARMUNCH!

Soldato
9/10 for me.

Pretty close to perfect for what it was attempting to be. A few small niggles here and there. A bit like LOTR, I suspect there's a 10/10 version on the cutting room floor.

Caporegime
Enjoyed it, thought it had a few problems, but enjoyable.

Watched it on Thursday night with the better half, in a cinema that was probably 1/5 full :eek:.

Commissario
We went to see this on Thursday, for the 1pm showing at our local Imax screen and it was pretty packed, the gallery was full, and it seemed to be fairly full overall

No one left until the credits finished, there were various chuckles at different points but other than that silence.

I don't think I've been to any showing that was that full, yet so quiet.

We loved it and cannot wait for the next one.

Caporegime
We went to see this on Thursday, for the 1pm showing at our local Imax screen and it was pretty packed, the gallery was full, and it seemed to be fairly full overall

No one left until the credits finished, there were various chuckles at different points but other than that silence.

I don't think I've been to any showing that was that full, yet so quiet.

We loved it and cannot wait for the next one.
IMAX showing in Glasgow I went to Thursday night was absolutely packed. Not a seat to be seen.

Caporegime
Google Fu is failing me.

Is anywhere showing Infinity war in IMAX 2D? And I mean on a proper ratio screen not one of those 'liemax' screens.

Much as I like the Cineworld Leicester Square laser projected screen, I don't really like 3D.

Man of Honour
I was amazed at how full it was, it had less empty seats at 1pm on a work/school day than I think I've seen it at supposedly "peak time" or during school breaks with similarly big name films.

Quite the opposite here. Still in release week, expected it to be quite busy, but at the 1:45pm showing yesterday, there was less than 10 in the room. It was quite nice.

Also after paying for the tickets, we turned up at the cinema, went through, nobody ever asked for our tickets, nobody checked at all. We just went through. So I felt like we could have just got in for free. Makes me wonder how many people actually do chance it, and subsequently get away with it.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
9.9 / 10

Great film, and Thanos was beyond perfection.

(I think i am a bad person for agreeing with him)

Soldato
I watched it at 1pm yesterday. Cinema was about 1/4 full... All through the movie I saw pretty much everyone get up and go to the toilet and said 'nah, no way I'm missing any of this. I'll stick it out to the end'. I lasted until 15 minutes to the end where I couldn't hold it on any longer! Don't think I missed anything important.

Man of Honour
I watched it at 1pm yesterday. Cinema was about 1/4 full... All through the movie I saw pretty much everyone get up and go to the toilet and said 'nah, no way I'm missing any of this. I'll stick it out to the end'. I lasted until 15 minutes to the end where I couldn't hold it on any longer! Don't think I missed anything important.

Started to get a bit uncomfortable myself at the end. At almost 3 hours, there's a definite argument for a 5 minute interval.

Caporegime
Started to get a bit uncomfortable myself at the end. At almost 3 hours, there's a definite argument for a 5 minute interval.

I watched it in Portugal (I am on holiday here) and at exactly one hour they had a 7 minute interval

I'd heard about the interval thing beforehand (they do it here for every movie, and they don't even care if it's mid-way through a sentence!) but it came at just the right time as I was starting to need a wee.

Also their standard seats are far far more comfy than any UK cinema seats. They don't sell 'premium' seat upgrades either funnily enough....

And it only cost €6 which is just over £5.

Just had to put up with some small Portuguese subtitles at the bottom but I soon didn't even notice them.

Soldato
I was at the Dome Cinema Worthing. A really old cinema that I love to bits. Incredibly comfortable seats, Infinity War cost £4, food is reasonably priced and you can take your beers in. Plus in August they are opening another screen with armchairs and sofas!

Back
Top Bottom