***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Associate
Assuming you used FA (FlavourArt) Tiramisu, it doesn't really need any time to steep mate. It's good as a shake and vape.

Might try just that because i would defiantly like to make one i can vape, at the moment i`m messing it up somehow
I done a mix using
1% FlavourArt Vienna Cream
1% FlavourArt Catalan Cream
1% FlavourArt Tiramisu
1% FlavourArt Fresh Cream
haven`t tried it yet, although it says shake and vape just doesn't smell right.
The cherry coke tastes rank, don`t know what i have done wrong, made a batch without nicotine and it is still really harsh on the throat with no flavor. So i have put a new coil and re wicked gonna see if that makes any difference, fingers crossed.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Might try just that because i would defiantly like to make one i can vape, at the moment i`m messing it up somehow
I done a mix using
1% FlavourArt Vienna Cream
1% FlavourArt Catalan Cream
1% FlavourArt Tiramisu
1% FlavourArt Fresh Cream
haven`t tried it yet, although it says shake and vape just doesn't smell right.
The cherry coke tastes rank, don`t know what i have done wrong, made a batch without nicotine and it is still really harsh on the throat with no flavor. So i have put a new coil and re wicked gonna see if that makes any difference, fingers crossed.

What percentage did you use for the Cherry & Cola?

Associate
What percentage did you use for the Cherry & Cola?
3% cola 1.5% black cherry, the first batch i made had 6% nic so i thought it may of been the nic as i have never used this nic before, the second batch i made with no nic but didn`t change the recipe so it had a greater % of vg as the nic is 50%vg 50%pg. I`m also having problems wicking the coil but i think i have sussed that today, but still not sure about the cherry cola. might add some vienna cream to the cola see if that improves it otherwise it going down the drain.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
3% cola 1.5% black cherry, the first batch i made had 6% nic so i thought it may of been the nic as i have never used this nic before, the second batch i made with no nic but didn`t change the recipe so it had a greater % of vg as the nic is 50%vg 50%pg. I`m also having problems wicking the coil but i think i have sussed that today, but still not sure about the cherry cola. might add some vienna cream to the cola see if that improves it otherwise it going down the drain.

Hmm, that's odd. Both those percentages are spot on. Are you sure you didn't add too much nicotine as that would make it very harsh on the throat.

What nicotine are you using? 72mg or those 18mg bottle shots? Also how are you measuring it all out?

Associate
Hmm, that's odd. Both those percentages are spot on. Are you sure you didn't add too much nicotine as that would make it very harsh on the throat.

What nicotine are you using? 72mg or those 18mg bottle shots? Also how are you measuring it all out?

I use 18mg bottle shots so i made 90ml in total using 3 10ml bottle shots to get it up to 6mg but i also made a batch without nicotine, same result. I used seperate disposable pipettes for the flavourings and separate needles for the vg pg, first batch i made i didn`t shake the flavourings but the second batch i did. I didn't weigh the ingredients (scales are not the best) but did measure them carefully and the weight at the end was correct

The more i think about it the more i think it might be the coil or the wick, i have only just started building my own coils, so i haven`t got that quite right at the moment. Gonna start a fresh at the weekend and give the tank a good clean put a new coil in and rewick, i still have some jackamoo juice left over so if i can get that tasting right it eliminates the tank.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I use 18mg bottle shots so i made 90ml in total using 3 10ml bottle shots to get it up to 6mg but i also made a batch without nicotine, same result. I used seperate disposable pipettes for the flavourings and separate needles for the vg pg, first batch i made i didn`t shake the flavourings but the second batch i did. I didn't weigh the ingredients (scales are not the best) but did measure them carefully and the weight at the end was correct

The more i think about it the more i think it might be the coil or the wick, i have only just started building my own coils, so i haven`t got that quite right at the moment. Gonna start a fresh at the weekend and give the tank a good clean put a new coil in and rewick, i still have some jackamoo juice left over so if i can get that tasting right it eliminates the tank.

First off, ALWAYS shake your concentrates before using them.
Second, buy a set of 500g/0.01g scales off Amazon (http://amzn.eu/bcHE72F) and mix by weight. It's so much easier than mixing by volume.

Are you using a calculator such as http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create for your amounts etc?. I've made that Cherry Cola recipe before as it's one by HIC (HeadInClouds) and it wasn't harsh as you described.

What did you set the PG/VG ratio to for your end mix?

Associate
First off, ALWAYS shake your concentrates before using them.
Second, buy a set of 500g/0.01g scales off Amazon (http://amzn.eu/bcHE72F) and mix by weight. It's so much easier than mixing by volume.

Are you using a calculator such as http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create for your amounts etc?. I've made that Cherry Cola recipe before as it's one by HIC (HeadInClouds) and it wasn't harsh as you described.

What did you set the PG/VG ratio to for your end mix?

Thanks for the link, i Will get some scales, i have digital scales but everytime you try to reset them they turn off as the button is rubbish o i just gave up. this is the reciepe

http://tjek.nu/r/m1n2?token=03f8e366f19c980 hope that works

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Thanks for the link, i Will get some scales, i have digital scales but everytime you try to reset them they turn off as the button is rubbish o i just gave up. this is the reciepe

http://tjek.nu/r/m1n2?token=03f8e366f19c980 hope that works

Yeah it does mate. I've had a look and it all tallies up fine. Once your scales come, try making a smaller 10ml bottle and see if it's still harsh.

Associate
It's working pretty damn good on my therion bf 75c and recurve with a .32 ss fused clapton.
In 9 1/2 years of vaping it is probably one of the best game changers yet \0/

Associate
sorry couldnt find edit button?

Untill people have sorted themes to work with replay, use the default theme, works perfectly.

Associate
I've recently picked up my first mech mod, a Coilart Mage Mech. Stunning looking mod, and feels very weighty in the hand.

I've got a couple of questions regarding mech mods though, despite doing what I thought was plenty of research before hand.

Batteries
I've currently got - 2x Samsung 25R (green) batteries - 3.6v, 20amp, 2500mAh & 2x LG HG2 (brown) batteries - 3.6v 20amp, 3000mAh

With the Samsung & LG batteries am I right in my calculations (steam engine website) that the coils I should be using should be no lower than 0.3ohms?
And if I changed over to Sony VCT5 (3.6v, 30amp, 2500mAh) the coils should be no lower than 0.2ohms?

If the above is true (unless I've got it all completely wrong, that would equate to the following coils;

Samsung & LG -Ni80 28awg with 6/7 wraps
Sony - Ni80 26awg with 6/7 wraps

The reason for all the questions is that I've currently got some handmade coils, made with Flatwire FlatSixy 22g wire. And they are reading 0.13ohms on my Vaporesso Revenger mod, which I think are to low to use in the mech mod with the batteries I have at present. At least if I want to stay on the safe side of things.

Is the general rule of thumb with mech mods, at least from a safety perspective, to go no lower than 0.2ohms on the coils?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I've recently picked up my first mech mod, a Coilart Mage Mech. Stunning looking mod, and feels very weighty in the hand.

I've got a couple of questions regarding mech mods though, despite doing what I thought was plenty of research before hand.

Batteries
I've currently got - 2x Samsung 25R (green) batteries - 3.6v, 20amp, 2500mAh & 2x LG HG2 (brown) batteries - 3.6v 20amp, 3000mAh

With the Samsung & LG batteries am I right in my calculations (steam engine website) that the coils I should be using should be no lower than 0.3ohms?
And if I changed over to Sony VCT5 (3.6v, 30amp, 2500mAh) the coils should be no lower than 0.2ohms?

If the above is true (unless I've got it all completely wrong, that would equate to the following coils;

Samsung & LG -Ni80 28awg with 6/7 wraps
Sony - Ni80 26awg with 6/7 wraps

The reason for all the questions is that I've currently got some handmade coils, made with Flatwire FlatSixy 22g wire. And they are reading 0.13ohms on my Vaporesso Revenger mod, which I think are to low to use in the mech mod with the batteries I have at present. At least if I want to stay on the safe side of things.

Is the general rule of thumb with mech mods, at least from a safety perspective, to go no lower than 0.2ohms on the coils?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ohm's law R=V/I
25R and HG2 R=3.6/20 = 0.18Ω
VTC5 R=3.6/30 = 0.12Ω

Soldato
Finding Replay to be a bit meh, it's a bit eratic that it can just drop off the watts on a fully juiced cotton, hoping it'll get better when they iron out the kinks.

And I lost my lovely Lost Vape theme, think that's killing me more:p, LV said they are releasing the mirage Replay next week, so I'll try and load that one on.

I can't enable non supported coils either in Escribe for whatever reason so a parallel SS/Ni80 coil didn't work, not really a fan of SS.

@dhill Sony Vtc5 is only 20w, 5a is 25w, better triple check your battery wattage!

Back
Top Bottom