Weston Super Mare

Associate
What is it like living there?

I just brought a house at the outskirt. Seems like the Weston is in a period of regeneration.
My main hobby is running, are there any rough area I should avoid (such as loitering kids etc)?

Soldato
What is it like living there?

I just brought a house at the outskirt. Seems like the Weston is in a period of regeneration.
My main hobby is running, are there any rough area I should avoid (such as loitering kids etc)?

I'm from Bristol so not far down the road from Weston, Still go Weston a lot, Take the kids there, Go to Weston Bike Nights and just for a get away... I'm not sure what areas to avoid but I've never came across any dodgey parts...

Soldato
Don't live round there but my experiences is a little rough in certain places but not been there enough to comment.

You get good and bad parts in most places though

Last edited:
Soldato
I've never had any issues. I live in worle, the town centre has some low life about at night,
You might come across the odd pack of chavs here and there, but I think that's pretty normal for any town.

Soldato
I've never had any issues. I live in worle, the town centre has some low life about at night,
You might come across the odd pack of chavs here and there, but I think that's pretty normal for any town.

Lovely place Worle, A friend of mine lives in Yatton, Quiet area and not to far from W-S-M.... Put it this way it cant be as bad as 80% of the areas in Swindon :p

Commissario
Many years ago a company I worked for had a training centre in Weston. We used to stay down there for a week and would generally end up in the Cabot Bars for beer and food. It was decently priced and the food was OK. Don't know if it's still there or not.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

You bought a house THEN you ask if it's a nice area?

Would it not have been an idea to ask BEFORE you bought the house?

Unless you actually mean you did bring a house to WSM.

Man of Honour
you got a house there then asked for opinions, odd. druggie cess pit since they put all the rehabilitation centers there and dirt cheap housing.

actually it's fine, but a lot is lower end of city fine.

Associate
OP
You bought a house THEN you ask if it's a nice area?

Would it not have been an idea to ask BEFORE you bought the house?

Unless you actually mean you did bring a house to WSM.

HaHaha, just noticed the typo.

yeah, I have done research on the area around my house and is ok, what I was asking here is the local knowledge of where the rough spot is so I can avoid when I go out running etc...

Soldato
Well, the bournville estate is the rough bit, but I cant see why you would want to run there anyway, run away maybe! TBH, even there its not that bad, I doubt you would get much hassle if you were just out for a jog.

Associate
My only (useful?) contribution is that the breakfast at Treat's Cafe is better anything I can get in Bristol for the same money.

I don't get into Weston much now since my mate moved and the beach isn't top of wheelchair accessible places for my son now he is older/bigger. Need caterpillar tracks to manage that.

Associate
Many years ago a company I worked for had a training centre in Weston. We used to stay down there for a week and would generally end up in the Cabot Bars for beer and food. It was decently priced and the food was OK. Don't know if it's still there or not.

Sorry Feek, I have to ask - it wasn't MSM was it? Their training centre was there, and I can't imagine too many places setting up a training centre in WSM.

Back
Top Bottom