US: Fear the Walking Dead

Soldato
I gave up midway through Season 2 as they'd missed the downfall and just gone almost straight to the post-apoc piece. I just re-read the Black Tide Rising series again to get my fix. :)

Man of Honour
I gave up midway through Season 2 as they'd missed the downfall and just gone almost straight to the post-apoc piece. I just re-read the Black Tide Rising series again to get my fix. :)

I think that disappointed a lot of people - they had the setup and characters to do it and just skipped right over what a lot of people wanted to see :(

Soldato
Just finished season 3 and overall I am really liking the show. A lot better then the normal walking dead anyway.

I don't quite get why theres a running theme of all the kids trying to flee the nest all the time, usually ending up with them finding its not so rosy outside of the group either. It just seems so unrealistic for an 18yo girl to suddenly decide she's going to go it alone in a lawless, zombie filled world.. Madison was just doing what she had to to keep them safe and yet they're both trying to get away from her. Although saying that, the scene with Troy came out of nowhere, so maybe she is a bit of a psycho and they just haven't showed it yet... I was pretty gutted when Troy died as he was a great character imo. Not sure how good season 4 is going to be without him. Kinda seems like its turning into the normal walking dead now with a slightly different Negan.

As long as Alicia is still in it i'll continue to watch though, for reasons..

One thing that had me rolling my eyes was when there were hundreds of people dying because of the air running out and the two people that went to clear the blockage decided to have a heart to heart.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Wow good first episode, ties in quite nicely. John the gunslinger is great but Maggie Grace is my favourite. :D

Man of Honour
So-so episode IMO - some good bits, some OK - think its going to need another episode or two to really get going.

Soldato
Yep seems a lot more refined than TWD, I had kinda lost faith in this show but it seems to of pulled out all the stops to get it going again.

Caporegime
Just caught up and watched S3 now it's free on prime and I really enjoyed it. So much better handling of group A vs group B than TWD. Far less stupid decisions. The long wait for S4.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Wow it's getting better, I didn't expect that, in fact I am shocked.

omg Nick!!!!!

Associate
Wow it's getting better, I didn't expect that, in fact I am shocked.

omg Nick!!!!!

That's a very bold move killing off one of the main characters in such an undramatic way as well!! watching it was like WTF?!!?...especially when Nick was starting to get along with Morgan and been a key character from the very first episode!..Not sure where there going with this, maybe they want to prove that no one is safe! a bit like Game Of Thrones.

3rd episode in I think FtwD has brought back something TwD has been lacking of late, and I actually don't mind Morgan in Fear, he seemed to annoy me in TwD! LOL

Man of Honour
Starting to see more of the same issues from TWD though of people not acting like they've just spent months surviving against the undead and other survivors - often so they can cheaply and easily move the story along but it breaks the immersion i.e. obviously lacking defences or standing in the open in full view of a threat for no good reason, no scouting or characters getting easily jumped that are supposed to be the ones getting the drop on people :(

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
That's a very bold move killing off one of the main characters in such an undramatic way as well!! watching it was like WTF?!!?...especially when Nick was starting to get along with Morgan and been a key character from the very first episode!..Not sure where there going with this, maybe they want to prove that no one is safe! a bit like Game Of Thrones.

3rd episode in I think FtwD has brought back something TwD has been lacking of late, and I actually don't mind Morgan in Fear, he seemed to annoy me in TwD! LOL

I was thinking something similar had happened to

Madison as you only see her from the flask backs.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah, we were shocked also. But it did not look like it was something the show runners wanted so I googled it after we finished watching and it turns out we was right, it was the actors choice.

Back
Top Bottom