Kitchen Trends

Soldato
We've got the j groove style of handleless doors in our kitchen and while I like the clean look, the true handleless style looks even better (though it's expensive as the manufacture is more complicated).

Some dirt does get caught in the grooves, but it's not as dramatic as the above poster makes it out to be.

Opening the dishwasher and in particular the fridge and freezer was a bit of a pain, but used to that now.

Hate the J-handle things. Can't fit my fingers in it properly, when i do they get caught, can twist, sometimes slip out. Like you said a pain to open certain things.

Just ripping out our 18 month Pronorm (rad pipe upstairs went and flooded the kitchen/units) and putting in a Leicht handless one in the summer. Will get a build thread up.

Associate
OP
I don't really think handles vs. no handles is a massive trend issue. Just like people choose different styles of handles, handleless is really just another one of these styles. In terms of buying a kitchen that won't date quickly, I would avoid brightly coloured high gloss units as they're a bit marmite.

My parents have had corner units in the past and the mechanisms take up so much space! They were sturdy though. Have you considered having the doors to the corner unit like this instead? Gives you easier access to the cupboard without the need for a mechanism.

2hd7h5l.jpg

Have these currently, and probably gonna get the same opening mechanism in the new kitchen.

Soldato
Just don’t but a flippin gloss white plastic doctors surgery kitchen that every single man and his bleedin dog bought over the past 10 years.

They look cheap, tacky and pretty chavy. To finish off the effect, buy some stupid signs with stupid platitudes like ‘family makes a home’ and ‘smile like you mean it’ etc etc etc etc etc.

Yuk.

Go for timber if you can like oak or an equivalent engineered wood

Bes

Bes

Soldato
We went for a shaker style kitchen as I personally think it is something that will not go out of fashion. Then again our house is Edwardian so it works. If I had a newer build, it would not be suitable. Handle-less, white gloss, etc. is all a bit faddy I think.

Soldato
We went for a shaker style kitchen as I personally think it is something that will not go out of fashion. Then again our house is Edwardian so it works. If I had a newer build, it would not be suitable. Handle-less, white gloss, etc. is all a bit faddy I think.

It'd need to come into fashion to be able to go out of fashion :D

Soldato
Just go for the style you like rather than trying to predict kitchen trends, try to get something that works with the rest of the house style wise.
Best bit of advice in this thread, go with what you like not what others say you should.
Just don’t but a flippin gloss white plastic doctors surgery kitchen that every single man and his bleedin dog bought over the past 10 years.
Hehe that case you will love my kitchen, bottom units aren't white but top ones are. My dog an I quite like it. :p
Kitchen07.jpg

Honestly not worth worrying what others think and if your own tastes change then swap it out, nothing needs to be forever.

Soldato
Looks like miserable Aberdeen grey sky to me :p

Love the colour names in home interiors, we've just grabbed a new paint sample called 'dinner jacket' :D

Soldato
Whats everyone opinion on handle less kitchens?

Trendy or been and gone out of fashion?

Debating whether to go for these or just plain gloss doors with handles

Also, the same for drawers going round the whole kitchen (drawerline i think they are called), old fashioned?

Corner units....are the magic corners/ le mans units any good...or just something that will fall apart in a year.

We're moving out kitchen into the garage and we will be having a handleless kitchen with matte finish. My opinion is your should go with a design that's in keeping with the type of home you have, for example modern handaleless designs would look out of place in a country cottage IMO. I would avoid the so called handleless designs which incorporate a grove in the door itself (J handle I believe is the name of the design). You might also want to consider putting handles on tall units especially on integrated fridges or fridge/freezers.

Soldato
Best bit of advice in this thread, go with what you like not what others say you should.

Hehe that case you will love my kitchen, bottom units aren't white but top ones are. My dog an I quite like it. :p
Kitchen07.jpg

Honestly not worth worrying what others think and if your own tastes change then swap it out, nothing needs to be forever.

admitedly that does look pretty great :)

Soldato
Were going for handleless, light grey matte finish on our new kitchen.

There is one cupboard where the draw handle ever so slightly catches on the washing machine door. Handless will remove this problem.

I've designed it myself :D

Back
Top Bottom