ASUS GL702ZC Problems

Associate
Hi all just wondering I purchased a laptop as per title i was wondering if anyone else had one and have had problems with it as mine seems to be nothing but problems i had it a month and battery wear is sitting at 25%, the backlights on the keyboard are very temperamental the mouse track pad doesn't detect movement quite a lot of the time.

I'm wondering if i made a bad decision picking this laptop or i am just unlucky :mad::mad::mad:

Soldato
Hi, I bought one too, got it yesterday and it has been fine..until today.

My battery wear level was 22% out of the box, I think if you do a full charge cycle it may drop as mine has dropped to 19%. My trackpad is fine, along with the keyboard lights. There does seem to be an issue with one of the fans though, as it pulsates/whine? I may end up RMA'ing mine. I also noticed a hang on application installs, where it wouldn't respond (mouse freeze), but it hasn't done it again.

Associate
OP
yeah i have charged and discharged mine 13 times now and it still shows bad wear level under hwinfo64 it is critical discharging on battery and critical charging when on mains. i would get it RMAd ASAP as cycling the battery wont do a thin

Soldato
Definitely need a rma on yours as I have no such message with regards to battery.

However, design capacity says 74228mwh, and full charge for mine is 60368mwh.

Soldato
Might be worth a shot but did you try a fresh reinstall of windows?

Also my fan issue was me being an idiot. It was the fan on the cooling pad I was using lol.

Associate
OP
This is there reply

Dear Customer,

The form with the serial number: HAN0CV11R855427 has been rejected as a
request for a replacement has been made.

Please note that the Asus warranty is a repair warranty for hardware issues
only.
Replacements, refunds, loan units and compensations are excluded from this
warranty and can only be requested with the seller according to the sales of
goods act and EU Consumer rights.

Please resubmit the RMA form to arrange collection and repair

Associate
OP
I ended up contacting where I got it sorted had to email the message from Asus from them and they are dealing it direct and going to send out a replacement.

I am a little upset that asus didn't want to deal with the RMA as it was there product at fault. I'm not sure if I will be purchasing asus unless they improve there customer service and help their customers rather than disregarding them.

If there is an asus rep on here I think it would be good to speak with them to see what they have to say

Associate
This is there reply

Dear Customer,

The form with the serial number: HAN0CV11R855427 has been rejected as a
request for a replacement has been made.

Please note that the Asus warranty is a repair warranty for hardware issues
only.
Replacements, refunds, loan units and compensations are excluded from this
warranty and can only be requested with the seller according to the sales of
goods act and EU Consumer rights.

Please resubmit the RMA form to arrange collection and repair

Seriously????

well thats pretty much put a cap on me getting one. want lots of cpu power but just hear too many bad things about this model

Associate
I ended up contacting where I got it sorted had to email the message from Asus from them and they are dealing it direct and going to send out a replacement.

I am a little upset that asus didn't want to deal with the RMA as it was there product at fault. I'm not sure if I will be purchasing asus unless they improve there customer service and help their customers rather than disregarding them.

If there is an asus rep on here I think it would be good to speak with them to see what they have to say

@Loki your attention is required.

Soldato

Hey @trickynickyuk

Just a little bit before I joined Asus this thread was live. Can you confirm if the issue was resolved as I see your last post on the subject was 1st May. Drop me a line in this thread or via direct message so I can get some more details around this case.

Regards

Associate
OP
no it isn't im stuck with it now so im just going to deal with it I have done some upgrades so not sure if warranty is void....

I am curious though I was looking to upgrade the cpu with the current ryzen chip the 2700 or 2700x would either of these chips be compatible with the laptop ?

Back
Top Bottom