Any Advice on Drone Footage?

Soldato
I've made a few videos on youtube with my DJI Mavic Pro. I'm not sure if I'm editing them well enough? It's just for fun more than anything and they look alright to me but I know nothing about videography. I've just used FCP X and messed around with LUTS/colour board.

Shot this one yesterday on a cloudy day.

Any advice about the shots and editing is very welcome as I'm a complete noob!

Thanks!

Soldato
Not bad at all :)

If anything the turn over the lake towards the end was a little fast. Also with drone doing a reveal shot by flying backward is better than flying forwards as the view is always seeing something new. If you are flying backwards with the Pro though be careful as it has no reverse sensors.

Soldato
OP
Thanks! Yeah the turn was sloppy tbh, I need to play around with the settings as I have the sensitivity set to default which I find way to high to be smooth.

Thanks for the tip about flying backwards! I'll try it tomorrow when I go to Barmouth.

Soldato
Cinematic mode ftw. Not near any obstacles though! Nicely edited, although I'd have made it a little more vibrant but that's a personal thing.

Bold flying that low over water - did you have the sensors turned off?

Soldato
OP
I shoot in D-Log, 4k and 24fps with the shutter speed at 1/50 and then just play with it tbh, I go for more lifelike colour than vibrant but you're right, that's a personal thing. What do you edit with? Can I see some of your videos?

Nope I don't turn sensors off but I was in line of site, right behind it so I could see if it was going to drop in the water. It was around 150cm above, I did the same thing yesterday at the seaside with no issue. My biggest worry was the wind tbh :o

Soldato
OP

Footage of Barmouth! I tried to make it look a bit more vibrant but not sure on the results!

I really enjoyed making it regardless though so I guess that's all that's important ;)

Back
Top Bottom