New monitor backlight bleed advice

Associate
Hi all,

I bought an LG 27UK850-W just over a week ago and it seems to have a bit of a problem in the bottom left hand corner, just looking for some input on what others might think of it. I've had £100 21" IPS monitors that don't look like this which is what makes me question whether I should be accepting it from a £500 purchase.

My iPhone camera makes it look a bit worse than it is, it's actually only the bottom left corner that I see as an issue, and I can only see this when watching video with dark scenes, in any other use case I don't see anything at all. Please see the pics:

Associate
That's quite a lot of bleed imho, even the bottom right is questionable. I looked it up and see it's a flat screen 4k UHD?
I've seen curved screens with a less bleed and it is somewhat expected with them.

I don't think you would be unjustified in finding out if you could get it replaced.

Associate
Hi all,

I bought an LG 27UK850-W just over a week ago and it seems to have a bit of a problem in the bottom left hand corner, just looking for some input on what others might think of it. I've had £100 21" IPS monitors that don't look like this which is what makes me question whether I should be accepting it from a £500 purchase.

My iPhone camera makes it look a bit worse than it is, it's actually only the bottom left corner that I see as an issue, and I can only see this when watching video with dark scenes, in any other use case I don't see anything at all. Please see the pics:

im having the exact same problem with mine, what did you end up doing?

Associate
OP
im having the exact same problem with mine, what did you end up doing?

I had it replaced, the new one isn’t perfect but it’s better. Oddly sometimes there is no bleed at all and others I can see it in 3 of the 4 corners, not sure if it’s heat making the plastic expand or something.

You can manipulate it by gently pressing on the screen and bezel, it seems to be common with these monitors unfortunately.

I decided to keep my replacement as 90% if the time I don’t see any bleed

Associate
I had it replaced, the new one isn’t perfect but it’s better. Oddly sometimes there is no bleed at all and others I can see it in 3 of the 4 corners, not sure if it’s heat making the plastic expand or something.

You can manipulate it by gently pressing on the screen and bezel, it seems to be common with these monitors unfortunately.

I decided to keep my replacement as 90% if the time I don’t see any bleed
can you take a pic of the new one to show bleed at 100% brightness? if you don't mind! thanks mate.

Associate
i also have the same problem but i dont know if its a lot because i dont have experience with these displays (IPS LCD). This is my first time having a laptop with this display

Back
Top Bottom