God of War 4

Soldato
Finally finished it, didn't think it would end, felt like it was going in circles. Didn't enjoy it that much, found it almost a chore. I mainly didn't like the fighting, the puzzles I did enjoy.

:( at least you saw it through instead of just writing It off.

I loved it but it's not perfect. Some combat encounters felt a bit like padding towards the end and a certain puzzle section in the first half really slowed the pace a bit too much but on a whole I can't help but love it for the story, setting and lore in general

Associate
im stuck on progressing through the story atm due to a bug, on the mission "A Path to Jotunheim" theirs a puzzle that just does not move, anyone else have the same? i have tried going to an earlier save but it wont let me go far enough back.

Associate
im stuck on progressing through the story atm due to a bug, on the mission "A Path to Jotunheim" theirs a puzzle that just does not move, anyone else have the same? i have tried going to an earlier save but it wont let me go far enough back.

Can you describe the puzzle you are stuck on , that will help :p

Soldato
Only encountered one very minor bug in ~30 hours, I took out a troll and he fell on me and pushed me through the floor, I fell through empty space for about 5 seconds then died. Otherwise it's been near flawless for me, great example of AAA polish for once :)

Associate

Go back on your auto saves. I was stuck on a side mission were i wasn't strong enough to win and i wasn't sure how to get out of it.

Soldato
Just finished it myself, was really good, liked the story and the combat. I struggled with the combat in previous titles, always came down to button mashing, but found this a little easier.

Only free'd 2 Valkyrie, tempted to see if I can do the others.

Little disappointed that we didn't get a glimpse of Thor or Odin

Soldato
Just finished it myself, was really good, liked the story and the combat. I struggled with the combat in previous titles, always came down to button mashing, but found this a little easier.

I think Cory Barlog, the game's creative director, has said that they're planning several sequels, so I imagine we'll be introduced to them in the future. I was wondering if we might get an expansion or two for this, seeing as Vanaheim, Svartalfheim and Asgard are on the realm table but inaccessible, but maybe they'll be in the sequels too.

I finished the game at the weekend and for the most part really enjoyed it. Story driven third-person action adventure games are probably my favourite game genre/type so this was perfect for me. The only complaints I'd have are that the camera can be a bit rubbish at times, the whole enemy lock-on system could do with a bit more work, and I wish there wasn't quite such an extreme curve between the difficulty modes. I played on the 'give me a challenge' difficulty and found things like Niflheim and some of the Valkyries impossible, but then as soon as I knocked it down a notch I found it often a bit too easy. I also wish enemies had slightly fewer area of effect unblockable attacks.

Sigrun, the Queen of the Valkyries, was a complete nightmare of a fight, in part thanks to the way the camera doesn't always properly track the enemy you've locked on to. I died several times simply because the lock-on would be lost and she'd drop off the screen and hit me with some blindside attack.

Soldato

Did you see the secret ending clip? I quite like the approach, it means we are building towards the big boys.

Soldato
I think Cory Barlog, the game's creative director, has said that they're planning several sequels, so I imagine we'll be introduced to them in the future. I was wondering if we might get an expansion or two for this, seeing as Vanaheim, Svartalfheim and Asgard are on the realm table but inaccessible, but maybe they'll be in the sequels too.

I finished the game at the weekend and for the most part really enjoyed it. Story driven third-person action adventure games are probably my favourite game genre/type so this was perfect for me. The only complaints I'd have are that the camera can be a bit rubbish at times, the whole enemy lock-on system could do with a bit more work, and I wish there wasn't quite such an extreme curve between the difficulty modes. I played on the 'give me a challenge' difficulty and found things like Niflheim and some of the Valkyries impossible, but then as soon as I knocked it down a notch I found it often a bit too easy. I also wish enemies had slightly fewer area of effect unblockable attacks.

Sigrun, the Queen of the Valkyries, was a complete nightmare of a fight, in part thanks to the way the camera doesn't always properly track the enemy you've locked on to. I died several times simply because the lock-on would be lost and she'd drop off the screen and hit me with some blindside attack.

I did eventually kill that boss on the harder difficulty. Took me 3.5 hours, no doubt at least 40 consecutive attempts. By the 90 minute mark I was getting pretty frustrated but i was too stubborn to turn the difficulty down or give up. I must have got the boss to <5% health on 4 other occasions. I think one attempt they couldn't have been more than 2 light attacks from dieing. I actually googled if there was some special sequence or something i was missing after the second time i got the boss to low health as i was sure they should have died. Still getting to that point on multiple occasions proved that i would inevitably win given enough time.

My problem is i started to play a bit differently when low health and tried to go for the health pickups....this often isn't possible and its best to just wait it out even if it takes an extra minute before you're in the position to pick the health up. It can be incredibly frustrating when you use Spartan rage and the boss just tanks the hits with ease(best case scenario) or they just continually move away. Then you make one wrong move or miss a divebomb tell and you can say goodbye to 1/3 of your health. In a ~10 minute fight it can make things pretty hard if there's that little room for error and the boss is constantly on the attack.

I don't think i used lock-on throughout the entire game but i never felt like i needed to, that did make things hairy a few times where i would have to guess where the tackle was coming from in order to dodge in the right direction. I also didn't use the quick turnaround feature but i think I could have benefited from using that on occasion.

Associate
Literally going round midgard finishing it all off before going back to the new realms. got through the first 3 stages on muspelheim really easily but turned round to go back to midgard, aflheim, helheim to make sure they're 100%. Odins ravens are a pain and don't really add anything to the game imo.

really enjoyed the game, think it's taken over HZD as my favourite PS4 game.

Soldato
Literally going round midgard finishing it all off before going back to the new realms. got through the first 3 stages on muspelheim really easily but turned round to go back to midgard, aflheim, helheim to make sure they're 100%. Odins ravens are a pain and don't really add anything to the game imo.

really enjoyed the game, think it's taken over HZD as my favourite PS4 game.

I really do need to give HZD another go. I'm pretty negative on it for no real reason :D I have it again, just wanted to get this done first! Also playing yakuza 0 atm which I'm not sure about just yet

Associate
I didn't enjoy Horizon much at all, after the first 7 hours I just wasn't having fun with it so stopped playing shortly after. I found many aspects quite bland and repetitive.

Enjoyed every minute of God of War though.

Yeah that was a really tough one, took me several hours on hard. I didn't bother using lock-on camera at all during the game really but losing track of the enemy certainly got me killed a few times.

Soldato
I didn't enjoy Horizon much at all, after the first 7 hours I just wasn't having fun with it so stopped playing shortly after. I found many aspects quite bland and repetitive.

Enjoyed every minute of God of War though.

Yeah that was a really tough one, took me several hours on hard. I didn't bother using lock-on camera at all during the game really but losing track of the enemy certainly got me killed a few times.

Yea I think that's about as far as I got. Felt like a far cry game with robots

Back
Top Bottom