Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Some semi serious work put in yesterday

Autoglym - Body shampoo conditioner
SRP & EGP afterwards

EDDB2_B60-2_F92-4_DA0-8_F73-2_D023_E72_B287.jpg

Soldato
People say use wipes or quick detailer for bird crap. What is the solution for seagull ****, and the correct process? I managed to scratch the paint taking this off just now, but I think it will polish out.

It’s already etched the paint....bleh. Guess I might have to spend some time with the cleaning products on Monday.

Every time I've had to remove this amount of crap, I dunk some tissue into a bowl of hot water and leave it to sit on the poo for a few minutes. This usually softens it enough that it just falls off with little or no effort.

Man of Honour
People say use wipes or quick detailer for bird crap. What is the solution for seagull ****, and the correct process? I managed to scratch the paint taking this off just now, but I think it will polish out.

It’s already etched the paint....bleh. Guess I might have to spend some time with the cleaning products on Monday.

Soak it well. I generally find if I hose the car down and occasionally come back to it then it just washes off. I have done this with just a pot of water in the past too. Never force the issue, it is pretty well bonded to the paint and can easily cause damage.

Some semi serious work put in yesterday

Autoglym - Body shampoo conditioner
SRP & EGP afterwards

Shiny! I need to do the same this weekend.

Soldato
Guys

Any idea how to get this off the wood effect panel on my 630i seems the previous owner had some horrible car phone holder attached or something and it’s left this sticker / foam on the panel

Looking for ways to remove effectively and safely seems properly stuck on

69_C826_C3-_C203-4_E00-8_CB4-2263_D815607_C.jpg

Soldato
I'd use the same method you'd use for removing residue after debadging a car - rub it hard using your thumb to get the worst of it off. The friction should be enough to start peeling it off, and it means not having to use a scraper or anything which will damage the trim.
Then I'd use a tar remover, meths, something like that, to clean off whatever is left. I'm assuming that the wood has a lacquered layer or something, so it shouldn't do any damage.

Soldato
Guys

Any idea how to get this off the wood effect panel on my 630i seems the previous owner had some horrible car phone holder attached or something and it’s left this sticker / foam on the panel

Looking for ways to remove effectively and safely seems properly stuck on

69_C826_C3-_C203-4_E00-8_CB4-2263_D815607_C.jpg
I'd use the same method you'd use for removing residue after debadging a car - rub it hard using your thumb to get the worst of it off. The friction should be enough to start peeling it off, and it means not having to use a scraper or anything which will damage the trim.
Then I'd use a tar remover, meths, something like that, to clean off whatever is left. I'm assuming that the wood has a lacquered layer or something, so it shouldn't do any damage.
Tardis!

Man of Honour
I doubt meths will work, I have tried it on a similar adhesive on some number plates that I had intended to stick on. What a mess that ended up being! Giving it a good rub to get it off will probably work though :)

Soldato
Yeah, I've had varying success with meths. Tar remover is best, it pretty much dissolves glue residue.

Tom...I'd just try rubbing it with a finger/thumb first. As it heats up with this friction, it tends to just start to break up and come off.
Another thing I did when debadging was use boiling water to soften it, but whilst that's fine on bodywork, I guess you don't want to be pouring boiling water all over the dashboard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom