Firecuda 2TB, should I risk another?

Soldato
Bought one of these for my new laptop to upgrade from the 1tb installed.

After three days notice some games installed on the drive would not run.

Installed HDD sentinel and said drive was 14% health :eek:

Returned this today but want a 2tb+ drive but slim pickings.

Was I just unlucky or are these drives poo?

Soldato
Just bad luck most of the time, it happens, fortunately problem drives usually play up within the first week or few days. Had the same happen with a WD blue we recently added to my fathers system(problems started on day 2), sent back, got a replacement and everything is spot on now(we're a couple months along now and not a hitch).

Soldato
OP
Just bad luck most of the time, it happens, fortunately problem drives usually play up within the first week or few days. Had the same happen with a WD blue we recently added to my fathers system(problems started on day 2), sent back, got a replacement and everything is spot on now(we're a couple months along now and not a hitch).
Well ordered another as had a tenner off voucher, should be here between six and eight.

If this craps out I won't be happy.

Soldato
If you want to test a drive use the manufacturer's diagnostic.

The results from third-party apps should be taken with a very large pinch of salt.

Soldato
Bad batches happen, and statistically if you buy enough parts you're likely to get at least one duff item. Use a supplier with a solid RMA service (like OCUK) and it's an inconveience, but nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom