*** Show us your bikes! ***

IC3

IC3

Soldato
If you've parked on a hill and left the bike in first then it's easier to start in first compared to rocking it to get neutral before starting it. Also at roadwork lights you should turn off the bike, and here it's safer to leave it in first in case you're rear ended and starting in first avoids needing to go first > neutral > start > first > go.

I'm very surprised that you've never come across scenarios where starting in first is preferred.
I probably have, but I use front or rear brake. Hills etc don't really have an effect for me over control of the bike.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
For parking on hills I used 1st gear too, but still put it in neutral when I started it. :p

Hills are epic for wheelies, its easier to wheelie up a hill. :D

Soldato
I always park my bike in first, hill or not. If anything to stop any unwanted rolling from whatever source. For example someone messing around with it!

Interestingly the hydraulic clutch on the Superduke has a strange side effect in that when cold it's nearly impossible to push in gear with the clutch pulled.

Associate
I always park my bike in first, hill or not. If anything to stop any unwanted rolling from whatever source. For example someone messing around with it!

Interestingly the hydraulic clutch on the Superduke has a strange side effect in that when cold it's nearly impossible to push in gear with the clutch pulled.

That's a side effect for all motorcycles with a wet clutch. Oil is thicker when cold, so clutch drag is more noticeable.

Soldato
Nipped out yesterday for a few hours at lunchtime. Still love this auld girl, she constantly makes me grin like an idiot out on the roads.

filter1.jpg

Associate
HqGwSj0.jpg

First chance I've had to get out since picking her up almost 2 weeks ago, the torque is insane and that's in B-mode while also short shifting while I run her in and scrub the tyres.

Associate
@Scratchy stunning bike bud, its what im considering for my next bike

Thanks mate, I absolutely love it, though I still haven't even hit 100 miles yet so I can't give much constructive feedback on it.

Pretty much identical to mine, albeit gold forks. Did it come as standard with the swingarm-mounted mudguard?

Looking to put a can/system on it?

The gold forks are because of it being the SP version, yeah the swingarm-mount is standard, I thought I'd switch it out for a tail tidy asap but tbh I don't really mind it now.

I probably will get a can after it's first service, probably just go for a Black Widow system.

Man of Honour
y4mTqQ5t7NYhNphGUzP0-m2WgYH6VzyGgf3SJwLxVAqP_oKY7xogDemj8sGoxtRl-PUQMByzxVQyaYmaU-DiVkyVmAbmGUJdirP8jGdK9eaZzJlx0InniarXB8uG2WRKQhr0IycjcO81dlmwdm-b8iKIXW3_0mLnIPatOJkd234KyYTIUjjXph2jJdfeSXJHtVdXak86L4M91z72dibo2QHrg

New toy. Upgrade from Street Triple R. To say I like it is rather an understatement...

I wish I could justify the cost of the new Speed Triple. It's right at the top of my wish list and the only feature it's missing is LED lights.

Blipper, cruise control, Ohlins, Brembo and the Triple engine. Excellent choice!

Edit: Wait, does it really have a 15.5L fuel tank?

Associate
It’s a great bike. I had the 2017 speed triple R and thought that was good until I test rode the RS. It also has a tft screen, keyless ignition and imu not to mention a far stronger engine.

I had carbon tank panels, evotech tidy, rad grilles, crash bobbins, quickshifter, bug screen and the smaller aluminium indicators installed.

Yes it only has a 15.5l tank. But on average I get 150+ miles indicated range.

Nice day for a ride in the uk.

Stay safe all.

Back
Top Bottom