Can someone help me with Acronis 2018 ?

Soldato
I'm trying to clone my C: drive partition to my new SSD

Got them all connected all showing up, I've made a backup copy of C: on my 3tb backup HD

I've started to run clone mode source disk is the one with C: and D:

Destination is the SSD

I checked D: to be excluded as I don't wish this partition to be on SSD (it's too big anyway)

From what I understand I need to run through the cloning process, have it shut down my pc, disconnect the HDD which currently holds C: & D: let windows boot from the newly cloned C: on SSD, then I can shut down and reconnect the HDD and it should all work okay ?

Is there anything I'm missing before I hit next ? Do I really need to disconnect the HDD with this new cloning process (shouldn't it delete the old C: ?)

Thanks

Soldato
OP
Acronis kept throwing errors so ended up using macrium which cloned unsuccessfully as the boot was corrupt (I was ******** bricks thinking I done ****** up) so had to repair it twice (no idea why 1st try didn't work) with recovery rescue and now all is well, old C: is deleted and merged into D: and new C: backed up on my empty 3tb

All I can say is wow, the speed is immense I knew SSD were faster but I didn't realise how fast, best £70 I ever spent as an upgrade

Back
Top Bottom