Braided Cables

Soldato
Evening All,

I want to get some braided cables for my case, looking that I only need the ATX motherboard the other motherboard plug for an Intel board, plus 2 6 pin PCI-E cables

The power supply I have is the Seasonic M12 Evo Edition Bronze but I am trying to work which is the best option.

I know on OCUK they have these bundles https://www.overclockers.co.uk/search?sSearch=seasonic+braided which the description says should work with Seasonic power supplies but I do not really need all the extra cables as they are all hidden away, so could I use extension cables and are they all created equally in terms of connector layout and voltages?

Something like https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitfenix-alchemy-2.0-cable-extension-kit-black-cm-35c-bx.html

Kimbie

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I believe that your psu is based on the AM2 platform and that is not on the list of compatible platforms for the kits in your first link. You would have to double check with the manufacturer though.

Extensions work with any psu as they only plug into the ends of the current cables. I have used both the Bitfenix and Phanteks (currently using these) extensions and have had no problems with either of them. Both are excellent quality and the Bitfenix v2.0 and Phanteks kits both come with cable combs although the Phanteks kits are a fiver cheaper.

Soldato
OP
I believe that your psu is based on the AM2 platform and that is not on the list of compatible platforms for the kits in your first link. You would have to double check with the manufacturer though.

Extensions work with any psu as they only plug into the ends of the current cables. I have used both the Bitfenix and Phanteks (currently using these) extensions and have had no problems with either of them. Both are excellent quality and the Bitfenix v2.0 and Phanteks kits both come with cable combs although the Phanteks kits are a fiver cheaper.

Cheers I will get the extensions seems like a safe option :)

Thanks

Kimbie

Back
Top Bottom