**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Soldato
That's crazy. I take you for the kind that doesn't abuse their phone.

I still have an s3 and s2 that are charged regularly with working usb ports.

I'm really not, I've just had the worst luck with usb c. I had a cheap Chinese tablet, one of those windows / android dual boot hobbies, and the port failed on that. I've got a Vernee Apollo Chinese phone..failed port. Now this. I'll have a good look with the magnifying glass later but it looks like one of the pins has lifted and bent, probably broken. I've never had a micro usb port fail on me ever and I've killed 3 usb C ports in a little over a year :o

The daughter board can be replaced if I'm prepared to take the phone apart but whilst I've got wireless charging I think I'll leave it lol. Something is bound to go wrong!

Soldato
What black theme are people using? I was quite happy with aire sd_black but since the update to CRAP it doesn't display correctly, there's loads of white areas and most text is dark grey against black background so barely readable...

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
What black theme are people using? I was quite happy with aire sd_black but since the update to CRAP it doesn't display correctly, there's loads of white areas and most text is dark grey against black background so barely readable...

I've had this also, seems to be when a Samsung app gets updated it reverts to the default colours, fixed with a reapply of the theme.

Soldato
Was getting really bad battery drain over the last 2 weeks, couldn't work it out why, thought my battery was going.

Losing 30% of my battery from 100% from 11 at night to 6 in the morning, with AOD off.

Tried everything, going back to Nougat, Oreo, uninstalling apps 1 by 1, then thought, ah, had a different router 2 weeks ago, Netgear, and i was on 5Ghz, put it on 2.4Ghz and its sorted it!!

Man of Honour
I've always used 5GHz at home, not really noticed any battery drain due to that, really depends on how your router is configured for 5GHz I guess.

Maybe I'll toy with 2.4GHz as my router is dual band and I broadcast both.

Associate
noticed ages ago on white backgrounds i could see some slightly visible "things" on edges of the screen. some static buttons from a game that has an auto play option (because it requirtes huge amounts of farming) have had 2 1cm sized buttons burnt into it near the volume buttons and the nav bar at the bottom shows slightly aswell... tbh it doesnt distract from anything and can only really be seen on white backgrounds but its still very dissapointing.

thought it was something suppose to be there until today when i noticed the words on the buttons :(

Soldato
noticed ages ago on white backgrounds i could see some slightly visible "things" on edges of the screen. some static buttons from a game that has an auto play option (because it requirtes huge amounts of farming) have had 2 1cm sized buttons burnt into it near the volume buttons and the nav bar at the bottom shows slightly aswell... tbh it doesnt distract from anything and can only really be seen on white backgrounds but its still very dissapointing.

thought it was something suppose to be there until today when i noticed the words on the buttons :(

You're not alone :(

Anyone noticed that clicking on Facebook marketplace items causes the Facebook app to freeze?
Both my Mrs S8 and my Note8 do the same thing :(
Any ideas?

Yep, it's been doing it on and off for ages, even in the betas so i wouldnt expect a fix any time soon. tapping back on the nav bar normally gets it going again though?

Chaps, how does one access the System Tuner UI? Holding down on the gear cog icon doesn't seem to do anything anymore?

There is no system tuner on the s8, you need to add it manually. There's an app on the playstore called SystemUI Tuner, that will do it. There's a little ADB involved (if you're not rooted) but it's not difficult :)

Transmission breaker
Don
Yep, it's been doing it on and off for ages, even in the betas so i wouldnt expect a fix any time soon. tapping back on the nav bar normally gets it going again though?

Yup, but if you do want to view the item it is very annoying, as it keeps doing it each time you tap. It will go in sometimes after clicking loads, but i am currently just liking the post (so I can find it again), then open the browser, and getting at it from there.

Back
Top Bottom