Help me choose a camera bag

Caporegime
im looking for a bag for my DSLR. I need an ideally compact bag to accomodate a D7200 with short lens attached, 2 to 3 extra lenses, a pouch for other bits and bibs like keys and phone and a water bottle holder. The bag must also be easy to carry and quick to access. I really don’t want to spend more than £100 if possible, but I could go to £150 if it’s really worth it.

Any suggestions?

Associate
I gotta say I've got 3 Lowepro bags now so I can mix and match cameras and lenses when travelling. They've never let me down, are well padded and it's easy to grab gear straight from the bag without ever having to put things down. Just swing the bag around to your front, unzip and change lenses, filters etc .. Just look at what you want to carry and then select the appropriate size for you. If you want an idea as to what each can carry then let me know and I can take some pics for you ..

Soldato
Think tank retrospective 5 or 7

This - I have the retrospective 5 and it's excellent. Fits A7R2 with 90mm macro attached in centre compartment with enough space for 4 small primes or 2 primes and a short tele lens - would probably need the 7 or 10(?) for bigger zoom tele lenses. It was ~£120. Also has the benefit of not looking like a camera bag.

Soldato
I gotta say I've got 3 Lowepro bags now so I can mix and match cameras and lenses when travelling.
Also one type definitely isn't best for everything.
If wanting quick access to equipment standard back bag is slow on that.
Shoulder bag is good in that, but having more weight on one shoulder becomes "less than comfortable" after some time and if you want to use say bicycle that bag tends to swing annoyingly.

Between these two types there are some hybrids like "sling bags" which are carried on back with with only one shoulder strap.
Kata (now Manfrotto) has also so called "torso packs" which can be carried either in front or back.
And that Lowerpro's Flipside is carried on back, but when taknig of shoulder straps can be rotated in front of you.

Soldato
think tank retrospective 7

Been looking at this and it's actually really nice,I've got 4 bags and don't need another one so I'll get the think tank soon anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom