Samsung 850 evo issues

Soldato
Hey all,

I have a Samsung 850 Evo ssd which is used for storage. Over the last few weeks it's started having problems and on startup sometimes check disk is being ran, finding issues and then it works for a short time and then has problems again.

I have changed over the sata cable and changed the port it uses but made no difference. In the smart tests I can see CRC error count going up a lot, it used to be on 25k mark but then I re checked yesterday and it's now on 42k.

I am guessing that it's RMA time for this ssd? I have two other ssds, another 850 evo and a pvz Trion 100 which are both using the same sata ports and have no issues at all.

Is there away to check if there is any warranty left? I think it has a 5 years

Cheers

Soldato
Yep it's 5 years. If you have a 250GB drive, it needs to have less than 75TB written or 150TB written for 500GB. Not sure about the rates for other capacities but you can have a quick google.

Soldato
OP
It's a 250gb drive and has only hsd 4.1tb written to it over its life.

CRC error counts are upto 45k now so does seem like there is a issue with the drive

Soldato
OP
Yep, on the latest firmware. I have since done a rma for the drive and was picked up by courier which Samsung arranged all pre paid.

Service so far has been really good but as it's got to go to the Netherlands it's going to take a day or two

Soldato
OP
For those that wanted to know Samsung replaced the SSD so have had my replacement one arrive today.

replacement was with me within 2 weeks so cant go wrong with that

Edit, after looking at it the SSD was repaired and sent back, just a matter of testing it now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom