PS4 Pro out of stock everywhere

Soldato
The last console I bought was an N64, I figured I should probably upgrade it now. Seeing as PS4 has the best exclusives, it's a no brainer. However, I can't find stock of the PS4 Pro anywhere. Does anyone know why it's sold out across the UK?

Soldato
The last console I bought was an N64, I figured I should probably upgrade it now. Seeing as PS4 has the best exclusives, it's a no brainer. However, I can't find stock of the PS4 Pro anywhere. Does anyone know why it's sold out across the UK?

I didn't realise it was sold out everywhere but at a guess the new God of War game probably has something to do with it as it scored extremely well in every review some saying game of the generation etc.

Maybe try local stores instead of online.

Soldato
OP
They have white ones in stock at Argos.. :)

I'm not sure they do. When you try to get one delivered it says they're not available for delivery or collection. I tried post codes of family that live around the country and there's no delivery to them either. Maybe it's regional? Either way, I was hoping to pick up a black one.

Thank you for looking though.

Last edited:
Soldato
As far as anybody knows, no - there has been no discontinuation.
There is a Black, White and GOW SE Pro Console which are the "B" revision - certainly no announcement of any production halts.

Soldato
Tesco's and Sainsbury's have stock in stores but this doesn't correspond to online stock checks where they are working.

Smyth's also seem to have in store stock but again doesn't reflect online stock check.

Trial and error to find them and there is a fair bit about.

Soldato
what if this happens... PS4 Pro Slim with 4k Blu-ray for £299

Won't be possible.
If it was cheap to add a 4k BR player to the Pro they would have done it.
However they wanted the Pro to be significantly cheaper than the Xbox 1X and their research show most people streak rather than use physical media.

Depends how much they value their home cinema department.

Not really - one of the cited reasons for no drive to start with was their research indicated people stream rather than use physical disks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I've noticed this odd stock situation. Wish I had pulled the trigger and got one for £260 in the black Friday deals last year.

The prices have been going up on the rainforest and clearly supply to retailers has reduced.

What's going on Sony?!

Back
Top Bottom