MT07

Soldato
OP
It's just not for me, suspension let's it down so much, i was actually thinking earlier today, if they put the engine from the 09 into the frame of the 07, it would be great.

Now i need to decide what i'm going for next, i'm thinking Honda CB1000r or Kawasaki Z800.

I've heard that a lot from when the MT09 was launched that the suspension is a let down, Personal choice for me would be the CB1000R, I love the single sided swing arm look and its Honda so built well.

Caporegime
Ive been looking into the MT10 today... I really like them and love the sound of the Cross plane engine so may also consider the older R1... However whilst dreaming away and watching MT10 videos i came across this.. Can anyone explain why its doing that to warm up :confused:

https://youtu.be/j6wh0DHbFxc

It's a custom fuel map. Dunno what the point is, maybe the bike is also modified.

Also, keep in mind that the R1 only went cross plane in the latest gen so the older ones will still be flat plane.

Soldato
If you get the Mt09sp there should be no suspension issues. but even with the normal one suspension is easily fixed with a spring and fluid change .. And i think you need to pushing hard before you find the flaws in it . Cb1000r hmm nearly bought one . Love the looks .. handles ok but the engine is a let down .. not sure about the new ones but when i was looking they were about 125hp which is about the same as a good 600 .

Mt10 is a good shout but as mentioned if you want the x-plane you will want a new gen r1 . You need to get out and ride them and see what tickles yer fancy .

Been out on mine all weekend and its such a blast .

And then there is the noise ;)

Soldato
OP
@Snaggle I very rarely go on long rides so I probably wont notice the suspension issues... I will do a few test rides before I take the plunge, May even end up with a used Tuono V4 :cool:

The sound of the MT10 Decat sounds immense, Loving the dash to, Most newer bikes seem to be having them dashes :)

Back
Top Bottom