Problem with Hyper-V Clone Server

Associate
Having a strange problem with a Hyper-V Windows 2016 Server.

I have physical machine A running Windows 2016 Hyper-V with a Windows 2016 Server running as a Virtual Machine.

I also have physical machine B running Windows 2016 Hyper-V with a Windows 2016 Server running as a Virtual Machine.

The Virtual Server on machine B is a clone of the Virtual Server on machine A with a different IP Address and name as a backup to the 1st system - all have Servers have different IP Addresses.

They are all connected to the same network switch - two NIC's in each physical Server.

The problem is that if the Virtual Servers on machine A & B are running at the same time - I get bad pings to other network devices if I turn the Virtual Server off on A or B the pings are fine and all comms is OK.

Does anyone have any idea why when both Virtual Servers are running at the same time this would affect pings and communications to other network devices ?

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Found the answer - Under the NIC Settings for the Virtual Servers there is a setting for the MAC Address - set Static for each Virtual Server and gave them a different MAC Address.

Back
Top Bottom