Out with the SV and in with the...

Associate
Evening guys,
After much debating whether to keep the SV650s or sell it I finally put it up for sale on Friday and on Saturday the new owner rode it away.

So the replacement got picked up today. It was raining heavy so couldn’t give it a proper test but the ride back was enjoyable. It is so much smoother than the Sv.

I now present you with the Kawasaki z750r

29mog46.png

2dwe2ix.jpg

2e1c6zp.png

Associate
Looks great, nice and clean. Aggressive and menacing looking too. :cool:
Would love something similar as a second bike To go to to work, camping trips etc.

Associate
OP
Nice. :) what are the power figures?

It’s only 106bhp but it’s a big step up for me as I think the sv was only 69bhp. The thing that really annoyed me about the Sv was the engine braking. I know that most v-twins have huge engine braking but it really wasn’t my thing. The Kawasaki feels so much smoother on the power delivery

Soldato
Thats a really nice looking bike actually. Its got plenty of detail without being too "noisy" if you know what I mean, talking purely looks here - not the actual sound it makes!

Lots of new bikes to me are horrible, they look like Optimus Prime. (see below)

Also 106HP is fine, I still have my 03 SV650 after 6 years and does me.

DSC_0913.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Soldato
Always liked the Z750, looks great, power is fine but never liked the fact it's a bit heavy compared to it's rivals. It's about 225KG wet and 5-10KG heavier than the Z1000, I wish they made it lighter.

As for the MT-10, it saddens me that such a brilliant bike looks so bloody hideous! At least you can't see it when you're riding it? ;)

Also, shots fired @Kreeeee :p

Soldato
Enjoy it, I've had mine (albeit older 2005 non R) for 3 years now and put 20k miles on it (bought at 9k and 10years old). The engine is bullet-proof, smooth and torquey as you've found. Suspension and brakes are the weak point on mine but the newer R version should have addressed that.

Back
Top Bottom