The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Associate
#@%$*&^(&*($&#^ @ Asrock, where the hell is X399 support, no bios update for 5 months yet others are on Agesa 1.0.0.5 for a while now :mad: Ram stability/compatibility on Asrock X399 is a total joke can't even run XMP 3200 with either 16GB b-die modules or 8GB b-die modules, pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pull the finger out Asrock and get with the program FFS! :rolleyes:

Associate
Rep has flown the coup and ASRock's reputation with motherboards flush down the dunnie! Good hardware means jack without support and ASRock support is abysmal at best, they need to get some certified engineers in to write their motherboards bios instead of the circus of clowns they must be paying peanuts for at the moment. :rolleyes:

OcUK Staff
Rep has flown the coup and ASRock's reputation with motherboards flush down the dunnie! Good hardware means jack without support and ASRock support is abysmal at best, they need to get some certified engineers in to write their motherboards bios instead of the circus of clowns they must be paying peanuts for at the moment. :rolleyes:
It was fine to run these modules on launch bios at 3200mhz if I remember correctly. ASrock Bios is one of the best around for mem comp.

Associate
Greetings, I am having trouble with a recently-purchased ASRock X370 Taichi motherboard. The board is used as part of my new Ryzen PC build. I have assembled my build thus far with the following:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 2700 CPU.
  • Crucial 8GB DDR4.
  • An old Radeon 4850 GPU card I use for testing.
The system will not boot, it will not output any video. I suspect the problem is with the RAM. However I have no other DDR4 at hand, so I cannot confirm. The RAM was bought from Amazon where other reviewers mentioned it works with ASRock motherboards and AMD Ryzen CPUs.

The exact details from the RAM stick are:
Crucial 8gb DDR4-2400 UDIMM 1.2v SR
CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1

The Dr. Debug unit flashes the following error code to me: 55 3b E6. Though quite many other letters and numbers flash before this (if they are relevant). I have the RAM installed in the recommended slot A2, though I also tried A1. That gave the same error code. I also reinstalled the CPU, reapplied thermal grease and reset the CMOS multiple times. The PSU has been tested working in another PC.

I would greatly value any advice. Thanks in advance.

Associate
Greetings, I am having trouble with a recently-purchased ASRock X370 Taichi motherboard. The board is used as part of my new Ryzen PC build. I have assembled my build thus far with the following:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 2700 CPU.
  • Crucial 8GB DDR4.
  • An old Radeon 4850 GPU card I use for testing.
The system will not boot, it will not output any video. I suspect the problem is with the RAM. However I have no other DDR4 at hand, so I cannot confirm. The RAM was bought from Amazon where other reviewers mentioned it works with ASRock motherboards and AMD Ryzen CPUs.

The exact details from the RAM stick are:
Crucial 8gb DDR4-2400 UDIMM 1.2v SR
CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1

The Dr. Debug unit flashes the following error code to me: 55 3b E6. Though quite many other letters and numbers flash before this (if they are relevant). I have the RAM installed in the recommended slot A2, though I also tried A1. That gave the same error code. I also reinstalled the CPU, reapplied thermal grease and reset the CMOS multiple times. The PSU has been tested working in another PC.

I would greatly value any advice. Thanks in advance.

Had the bios already been updated to 4.60 to accept the 2700 CPU ? , if not you will need a gen 1 ryzen to update to the latest bios.

Associate
I suppose I was a little harsh in my rant at ASRock regarding bios support on X399, they just delivered a beta bios based on latest AMD Agesa 1.0.0.6 and now with some tweaking I can get 4 x 16GB modules @ 3200MHz stable.....straight XMP doesn't work but with a ProcODT bump from 60ohm to 68.8ohm and RttWr set to 80ohm the system is now stable with 3200MHz ram :)

Associate
Certainly sounds like you are on an incompatible BIOS version, you'll need to send off for a bootkit if you can't borrow someones Ryzen 1.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/2Gen-Ryzen-AM4-System-Bootup.aspx

I did a little more digging. According to this link: https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=FindBIOS the sticker gives my BIOS version at 2.40, which is below the Ryzen 2 required version. Looks like that's indeed the problem.

Since all my friends are Intel, I'm stuck for any immediate help. I'll see if I can send it back to OC.co.uk and if they'd do the upgrade, failing that an RMA or AMD Boot Kit. At least I have plenty of options! Many thanks for your replies.

Associate
I did a little more digging. According to this link: https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=FindBIOS the sticker gives my BIOS version at 2.40, which is below the Ryzen 2 required version. Looks like that's indeed the problem.

Since all my friends are Intel, I'm stuck for any immediate help. I'll see if I can send it back to OC.co.uk and if they'd do the upgrade, failing that an RMA or AMD Boot Kit. At least I have plenty of options! Many thanks for your replies.

..Or if theres a local pc shop near to you im sure they would be able to do the bios upgrade for a small charge.

Back
Top Bottom