Kitchen Design suggestions

Associate
OP
Thats more the plan rather then reality. Units will be a light to medium grey ( or cashmere) and worktop will be silestone blanco stellar (current fav)

Soldato
Have a look at DIY Kitchens. Just bought all my units to fit my galley kitchen (3m on each side) and the whole lot came to £3.2K in VAT & delivery (no appliances or worktops as I already have those). Their high gloss Altino stuff (handled) is very nice in person (we visited their showroom, which really helped give us some ideas). Way better quality and choice compared to all the usual kitchen retailers and the prices are far lower. They have at least x3 choice of units compared to the major retailed so you can really get things just as you want - IMO, obviously.
Use their Visualiser (their reworking their planner but that won't matter to you as you already have a plan) and it really helps show what your kitchen will look like (esp adding colour).

Soldato
Yeah i'd echo the above. Depending on where you are then the DIY Kitchens showroom is well worth a visit.

The units are actually great in person and you can get the cabinets in a choice of 17 colours to help match.

As we know their planning tool isn't great but they mentioned they were improving it and should be updating it to the public soon.

Soldato
I would avoid high gloss doors like the plague; matte just looks more appealing, in any colour.

If you want true handleless like the Milano, you'll get far better quality from one of the German manufacturers. And if you want handles, look at DIYK first as they should be comparable to all the others out there.

Associate
OP
Any thoughts on my unit layout? Tall units across one wall, and base units against the other wall? Keep it clean and simple.
Wren i used just for the design plan, but whilst i was there, i did end up liking the milano ultra (which diy dont do). It would mean a extra few K on units and losing the silestone worktop which i dont wanna do.

Hoping to take a trip down to DIY Kitchens showroom maybe next weekend. Bit of a trek since we are up in glasgow but hoping to nail the design before we go down so can more or less order it whilst we are there.

Soldato
I'd lose the American fridge/freezer - you are spending all this money on a sleek new kitchen, then having a whacking great unit poking out of the wall. Do you really need that? Or do you already have it and are fitting it in?

Get a good single oven (pyrolitic cleaning, etc) rather than a double unless you absolutely, positively need to have a separate grill.

Think about having more drawers in the design, rather than cupboards. Will depend on what you need to store, but drawers are incredibly useful.

Soldato
Good layout, but I'd sell on the american FF and get integrated 600 wide separate fridge and freezer.

It'll look far better than some build over units and the American FF sticking out as it does .

Also, what was the cost for that design as Wren are usually jokers when it comes to £30k, but tosay its 15k, I'll speak to manager and bownitsn 12k but today only . Go to DIY kitchens and the lot would likely come out cheaper than wren anyway.

Also beware that wren CS is terrible once they have money and have delivered your kitchen. If you have damaged parts or ill fitting oarts then be prepared to be fobbed off and fight to put it right.

Associate
OP
I'd lose the American fridge/freezer - you are spending all this money on a sleek new kitchen, then having a whacking great unit poking out of the wall. Do you really need that? Or do you already have it and are fitting it in?

Get a good single oven (pyrolitic cleaning, etc) rather than a double unless you absolutely, positively need to have a separate grill.

Think about having more drawers in the design, rather than cupboards. Will depend on what you need to store, but drawers are incredibly useful.

Fridge Freezer is changeable. Nothing purchased yet.

Associate
OP
Good layout, but I'd sell on the american FF and get integrated 600 wide separate fridge and freezer.

It'll look far better than some build over units and the American FF sticking out as it does .

Also, what was the cost for that design as Wren are usually jokers when it comes to £30k, but tosay its 15k, I'll speak to manager and bownitsn 12k but today only . Go to DIY kitchens and the lot would likely come out cheaper than wren anyway.

Also beware that wren CS is terrible once they have money and have delivered your kitchen. If you have damaged parts or ill fitting oarts then be prepared to be fobbed off and fight to put it right.

Wrens initial design was just a copy of our current layout (U shape), but wanted a bit of a change so got them to redo the design.
I take on board the american FF being a eye sore as its huge but not really offering much in terms of interior space. So i will look into internal side by side. Any recommendations?

Wrens price was around 8k for just the basic units - no fancy metal work, or pull outs. And minimal drawers.

So yes, agreed, Wren are ditched.

Soldato
Echo what everyone else has said about the fridge freezer integrated separates will look loads nicer and be more practical. I'd also have 90% pan draws on the long side do much more practical to access than cupboards. Don't go with wren they are a terrible company I'd rather have an IKEA kitchen!

Associate
OP
Had a quick look at integral fridges and freezer seperates....boy they are pricey!

From my initial hunt, they seem to be approx 800-1000 each? is that right?

Back
Top Bottom