What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
Caporegime
Drove 230 miles to Margate and then back, the car's MPG is really not bad on the motorway, half a tank (£30's worth) of super unleaded for 230miles.

Sidenote, at about 40mph there is a weird whistling or something coming out of the brakes, it will disappear if I tap the brakes and then slowly will come back again. Doesn't happen at other speed.

Associate
Went to change the 60k mile old spark plugs on the 126k mile old 330i. Got the engine cover and cowling off, and the fiddly coils out to find I have a 14mm spark plug socket rather than the 16mm I need. Packed the bits away and will try at the shop tomorrow.

Soldato
Drove 230 miles to Margate and then back, the car's MPG is really not bad on the motorway, half a tank (£30's worth) of super unleaded for 230miles.

Sidenote, at about 40mph there is a weird whistling or something coming out of the brakes, it will disappear if I tap the brakes and then slowly will come back again. Doesn't happen at other speed.

Issue sounds a bit like a stuck caliper to me. I had the same on my 850 between about 25mph and 35mph.

@Acme, got any spares of those crimps? I cant find them as singles, only packs of 100 or 1000 and I only need one!!

Caporegime
Issue sounds a bit like a stuck caliper to me. I had the same on my 850 between about 25mph and 35mph.

@Acme, got any spares of those crimps? I cant find them as singles, only packs of 100 or 1000 and I only need one!!

Yeah, I tried replicate it but it’s not always there. When it’s there I can hear a faint sound with window shut, it’s not a noise when I’m stationary or pulling off.

The brakes squeaks already when braking so it must be that. Will get it looked at this week.

Man of Honour
More crazies. Driving around a double lane roundabout and a car pulls out in front of me (a tad into my lane) and beeps (our view is restricted by trees in the middle). She stays in her lane and I slow down and stay in mine.

Get to the next roundabout and traffic lights and she half blocks me in, gets out, tries to open my door and punches my window. The previous incident hadn't been close in any way, easily 5 car lengths in front of us. Fortunately the lights turn green and I carry on never to see her again. Of course she was your typical council estate mouthy woman.

Bizarre. Neither of us had been in the wrong previously and I have no idea what angered her so much. Probably my nice car, again. Tempted to sell it, getting way more attention at the moment than I would like.

Caporegime
Found what I can only assume to be a keying mark on my n/s/r panel,about 15 inches in a wavy line - I’m only assuming as I’d have thought such scrotes would have done the entire side.

Needless to say I’m gutted and furious, hopefully the detailer who did it last year will be able to get it out (I’ve failed with my Autoglym polish & paint renovator)

It’s having some mild blisters sorted soon, I guess that’s just been brought forward.
:/

Soldato
Found what I can only assume to be a keying mark on my n/s/r panel,about 15 inches in a wavy line - I’m only assuming as I’d have thought such scrotes would have done the entire side.

Needless to say I’m gutted and furious, hopefully the detailer who did it last year will be able to get it out (I’ve failed with my Autoglym polish & paint renovator)

It’s having some mild blisters sorted soon, I guess that’s just been brought forward.
:/

Happened to both my cars a while back, I was massively annoyed and I don't even care about them that much, I'd probably explode if I had one like yours.

Caporegime
You know, it's a funny thing. I've witnessed 3 cars being keyed. Two on cctv and one as I walked around a corner. Two older women and an old man.
I really can’t say how I’d have reacted if I’d caught the perpetrator in the act, I’d like to think it wouldn’t be extreme, that said, I’ve just smashed an hour of digging the garden I’ve been putting off for weeks followed by my first ever Chicken Dinner on PUBG, perhaps its for the best I didn’t catch them! :o :D

Caporegime
I really can’t say how I’d have reacted if I’d caught the perpetrator in the act, I’d like to think it wouldn’t be extreme, that said, I’ve just smashed an hour of digging the garden I’ve been putting off for weeks followed by my first ever Chicken Dinner on PUBG, perhaps its for the best I didn’t catch them! :o :D

Yeah probably for the best. People are proper muppets. Glad it inspired you however!

Caporegime
Yeah probably for the best. People are proper muppets. Glad it inspired you however!
I caught some little dork kicking my old e38 years back, I lifted him off his feet by his collar (I’m not a small guy) and then thought better of it....

Seething about this, can’t think where it happened but ultimately it could have been worse - my phone barely picks it up tbh...

Ov4juhE.jpg.png

Caporegime
Hmm...i wonder if that's been some daft sod with a bag walking past. I had something similar on my 6 series and it turned out to be my postman! Luckily it polished out with a very soft pad and light polish.

Back
Top Bottom