Need to downsize my PC case - help

Associate
I currently have a Corsair Cube:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...-cube-case-black-cc-9011030-ww-ca-143-cs.html

And although at first this was perfect for air flow and space, I'm really sick of the actual size of it and it's killing the zen in my room.

Can anyone tell me what case I can use that fits the following criteria:
  1. Smallest possible size. Absolutely LOVE the idea of [these], but suspect it won't fit my bits.
  2. Has to fit in a 1080Ti
  3. Has to allow some level of quiet fans and sound insulation (hate noise, the pc runs 24/7)
  4. Needs to fit 3 x SSDs
  5. 2 HDMI cables and 4 million USBs.
Help me please.

Soldato
ATX is going to limit your options, as is the motherboard being the most determining factor in how many USB ports you'll have, a case can have a gazillion ports, but if the motherboard doesn't have the headers for them(1 header per 2 ports) you'll be unable to hook them all up. If you want to expand your options and don't mind the additional hassle, changing the board for a lower form factor would open your options a great deal and you could recoup some of the cost selling off the old parts(mobo/case) second hand. Regarding USB ports, you might want to check out some USB expansion cards or consider if a simple hub can serve some of your needs.

Associate
OP
ATX is going to limit your options, as is the motherboard being the most determining factor in how many USB ports you'll have, a case can have a gazillion ports, but if the motherboard doesn't have the headers for them(1 header per 2 ports) you'll be unable to hook them all up. If you want to expand your options and don't mind the additional hassle, changing the board for a lower form factor would open your options a great deal and you could recoup some of the cost selling off the old parts(mobo/case) second hand. Regarding USB ports, you might want to check out some USB expansion cards or consider if a simple hub can serve some of your needs.
Thanks for the pointers that’s really helpful.
I actually don’t mind replacing the mobo I have no budget really so I can replace whatever I need. As long as it take a Ti and 3 xSSDs I’m happy :)

Soldato
I can't make choices for you, there are lots of boards and case options available for your socket that'll support your GPU if you're open to changing board. Few and far between boards support less than 4 sata devices, so you have a pretty vast array of choices, should largely come down to ensuring CPU and GPU clearance(good brands post specs, should be easy to plan).

(PSU to, make sure the case can house it).

Happy to offer some friendly pointers.. :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I can't make choices for you, there are lots of boards and case options available for your socket that'll support your GPU if you're open to changing board. Few and far between boards support less than 4 sata devices, so you have a pretty vast array of choices, should largely come down to ensuring CPU and GPU clearance(good brands post specs, should be easy to plan).

(PSU to, make sure the case can house it).

Happy to offer some friendly pointers.. :)
Appreciate the advice :)

Back
Top Bottom