Intruder alarm system for new home

Associate
I'm moving in to a new, and my first, house soon and I'm looking into getting an alarm system. Before approaching firms to get quotes, I want to identify what I need/want and a rough cost.

It's a 2 bedroom, semi-detached house in Leicestershire with “wiring only for future intruder alarm for keypad, control panel and bell box”.

What I think I need/want:
- wireless
- telephone a specified number if there’s an intruder
- no monthly contract

Do I go for a independent company’s own branded alarm or something like Yale, Honeywell, Scantronic, Texecom etc.?

Anything I should consider before buying one?

Associate
Whether you want it monitored by a monitoring station (higher ongoing costs) or you will self monitor?

Associate
pyronix enforcer is a good all in one solution
or
honeywell galaxy g2 combined with selfmon monitoring ( £1 a month).

Soldato
I went Texecom via a local fitter, my house was pre wired for sensors and everything but wanted it fitted for peace of mind and insurance.

I went for the connect app too so I can set it remotely and tells me when people set/unset the alarm and if it goes off.

Caporegime
Yale do a self monitoring real time alert smart alarm home system. Their packages range from £200-£400 and costco sell them cheap.

Yi (chinese cam make) do free real time monitoring and there cameras only cost £20 each off amazon. Check HUKD. they are 720p. 1080p models are £40.

so i have them set up so that if anyone comes into my kitchen or living room between office hours or sleeping hours. it records a 10 second clip and sends them to my phone and the wifes phone. i can then watch it and then phone the police, etc.

Associate
I've setup replaced my Texecom panel with a the Konnected.IO solution to make it more 'smart'. Might work out cheaper to buy your own PIR's and do it your self.

Back
Top Bottom