**** The Official Nokia 7 Plus Thread ****

Associate
7 days in and I'm really enjoying the phone, no regrets despite wavering just before it was shipped following some of the negative reports.

Initially had a few concerns about the physical size as it's around 20mm taller and 7mm wider than the old phone but in practice I'm finding it quite usable and not having any real problems with it.

Build quality is great, I've not observed any issues with apps or performance - though I'm far from a power user... Camera performance and quality is more than acceptable for me as it far exceeds my previous phone.
Battery life is also awesome - for my usage I'm finding I have 70-80% battery left at the end of a typical days usage (couple of hours calls, couple of hours browsing and light app usage). I have long weekend away coming up so will be interesting to see how it fairs with that.

Soldato
7 days in and I'm really enjoying the phone, no regrets despite wavering just before it was shipped following some of the negative reports.

Initially had a few concerns about the physical size as it's around 20mm taller and 7mm wider than the old phone but in practice I'm finding it quite usable and not having any real problems with it.

Build quality is great, I've not observed any issues with apps or performance - though I'm far from a power user... Camera performance and quality is more than acceptable for me as it far exceeds my previous phone.
Battery life is also awesome - for my usage I'm finding I have 70-80% battery left at the end of a typical days usage (couple of hours calls, couple of hours browsing and light app usage). I have long weekend away coming up so will be interesting to see how it fairs with that.

Cheers for the feed back.

Had a little look at the demo phone in cpw today, it felt good in the hand, not to big for me, still considering it as Android one program will be better than Huawei updates, and with the P beta it's basically a midrange pixel phone.

Associate
Just a quick message to say that fingerprint gestures are supported - you go to settings, search for home...the option appears there for some reason! Good luck.

Associate
Cheers for the feed back.

Had a little look at the demo phone in cpw today, it felt good in the hand, not to big for me, still considering it as Android one program will be better than Huawei updates, and with the P beta it's basically a midrange pixel phone.

Same here went to CPW yesterday to have a look at it really is a nice looking phone, but sadly CPW didn't have any simfree one's in stock so came home & ordered it from the Rain Forest instead which will arrive at some point today.
Been after a direct replacement to my Nexus 6P for over a year now had both the LG G6 & Huawei P10 none of them i liked & updates where few & far between, so kept returning to my trusty iPhone SE.

So i'm hoping i don't have to many issues with the 7 Plus & looking forward to being back on Stock Android again.

Soldato
Same here went to CPW yesterday to have a look at it really is a nice looking phone, but sadly CPW didn't have any simfree one's in stock so came home & ordered it from the Rain Forest instead which will arrive at some point today.
Been after a direct replacement to my Nexus 6P for over a year now had both the LG G6 & Huawei P10 none of them i liked & updates where few & far between, so kept returning to my trusty iPhone SE.

So i'm hoping i don't have to many issues with the 7 Plus & looking forward to being back on Stock Android again.

I caved and ordered one saturday from CPW as the Mrs used topcashback for a £10 off, and I'll sell the Mini due to already having one, annoyingly though even with the store having stock i couldn't just walk in and collect it i have to wait for warehouse stock to be delivered, hoping it's in today but no emails yet.

I've popped a case and glass screen protector from Amazon in my basket ready if i feel they are needed, but the phones body feels pretty durable , might just get the screen protection.

I caved and ordered one saturday from CPW as the Mrs used topcashback for a £10 off, and I'll sell the Mini due to already having one, annoyingly though even with the store having stock i couldn't just walk in and collect it i have to wait for warehouse stock to be delivered, hoping it's in today but no emails yet.

I've popped a case and glass screen protector from Amazon in my basket ready if i feel they are needed, but the phones body feels pretty durable , might just get the screen protection.

You get a case supplied in the box, it's not a bad one, gel as opposed to hard plastic.

Just a quick message to say that fingerprint gestures are supported - you go to settings, search for home...the option appears there for some reason! Good luck.

There is also another more important (imo) gesture hidden in the System>Languages & Input>Advanced>Gestures

You have an option there to allow you swipe the finger print sensor for notifications which is handy.

Soldato
You get a case supplied in the box, it's not a bad one, gel as opposed to hard plastic.

There is also another more important (imo) gesture hidden in the System>Languages & Input>Advanced>Gestures

You have an option there to allow you swipe the finger print sensor for notifications which is handy.

I picked mine up Monday after getting a call and having to shoot over to collect it as they would not allow my Mrs too, was really surprised to find a case, it's only a cheap TPU one but fits perfectly and will do until it looks tatty.

The phone itself is great, build quality is awesome, the screen is fantastic, Speaker is a little weak but will do for what I need, haven't had time to use the camera properl yet so not sure how it will compare to my old H8, loving stock android though.

My phone is currently on 8.0.0 update I had read some are on 8.1.0 which also includes face unlock feature, anyone here have that yet.

Associate
Still on 8.0 here too. Not ideal really as it seems there have been two updates since this version - 8.1 and the May security update.

Seems like everywhere but here has had them.

Associate
Running a year-old Moto G5 and getting the itch for an upgrade. The Nokia 7 Plus seems a reasonable balance of specs and performance, although I can't help but think it should be £300 rather than £350. The Hauwai P20 Lite is cheaper and arguably looks better although the lack of software updates is a concern. However part of me wonders if I should just be extravagant and pay the extra £120 for more RAM, SD 845 and AMOLED display of the Oneplus 6.

Whilst this thread seems a little negative on the Nokia 7 Plus, the overall reception on the internet appears to be reasonably positive. However the lack of OTA 8.1 with April and May security patches is again a worry given that's the strength of this phone. Although I assume it's just being phased out, rather than anything specifically wrong with UK updates (this is an issue on the G5).

Last edited:
Associate
Running a year-old Moto G5 and getting the itch for an upgrade. The Nokia 7 Plus seems a reasonable balance of specs and performance, although I can't help but think it should be £300 rather than £350.

Tbh, because of the deal where you get a free Google Home Mini with a purchase of any Nokia phone (until 16th of June), it's closer to £300 than £350 if you choose to sell it.

Associate
Tbh, because of the deal where you get a free Google Home Mini with a purchase of any Nokia phone (until 16th of June), it's closer to £300 than £350 if you choose to sell it.

Yea, although after cost and postage it's probably £20 back. We have Alexa so I don't really want another smart speaker.

Just feel that Nokia have slightly overpriced the 7 Plus. No where near as the 8 Sirocco mind, but I just think it should be a bit cheaper.

Soldato
Still on 8.0 here too. Not ideal really as it seems there have been two updates since this version - 8.1 and the May security update.

Seems like everywhere but here has had them.

I've been reading the N7+ section of XDA, looks like dual Sims are being updated OTA, but UK single on TA1055 are not yet, some have used a VPN and changed to Italy which allows it, or others have signed up for the P beta and ADB pushed the the restore update which is 8.1 and then received the may update.

Associate
Someone on the Nokia forums has been instructed to return their phone for repair, simply for not being able to receive the OTA for whatever reason. All reference to the N7+ has also been removed from their calendar of updates, leaving only the 6 and 8.

Not sure what to make of it really as I'm about to sell off my old phone. Think I'll hold off until I'm sure the N7 is getting updated.

Soldato
Someone on the Nokia forums has been instructed to return their phone for repair, simply for not being able to receive the OTA for whatever reason. All reference to the N7+ has also been removed from their calendar of updates, leaving only the 6 and 8.

Not sure what to make of it really as I'm about to sell off my old phone. Think I'll hold off until I'm sure the N7 is getting updated.

Very odd, I was stuck on the 8.0.0 but as I said above as soon as I had ADB pushed the 8.1.0 I got the may update, so hopefully I'll receive the rest from now on, Since doing the update my battery is fantastic, took it off charge this morning at 7;30 and I would have been on around 75-80% by now I'm still on 94%, No face unlock though.

Back
Top Bottom