• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Associate
I watched the video.

Thing is others have the same board and ram and even 1000 series CPU's and get more than DOCP out of this ram.

I have 2 Identical X370 K7 1800X's (because best silicon apparenly!) that I have been building for a while with 8 Pack cl14 3200mhz Ram, tbh I can't get any more than 3200mhz stable, and as someone already said when asked (Chroniclard maybe?) on this thread your only talking 10 points in cinebench between a few hundred mhz... I can also confirm I have seen these figures on these two series 1000 chips. I can even tell you that one of the systems is a bit more picky about the ram than the other to the point I may have to downclock that slightly when it's being used full time. The other system has been running about 2 weeks now fault free 3.9 all core with 32x memory.

With that chip I would buy another board, surely you can't be that unlucky with it being 2 chips?

Permabanned
Just to point out, I've built 3 systems with hynix based and all hit the stated 3200. Two with LPX and one with HyperX .
When did Ypu nuild those assume pass may/june 2017

It's just a bit disappointing to buy 8pack ram and still have to under clock it to get it stable.

I was lead to believe this ram was a doddle to overclock on Ryzen.
It does on tachi or c6h

Permabanned
Mmmmmmmmm, have read the same Zeed. Thing is though, like i have posted here before, show me the proof ? I've not seen a single 1000% run on say Ramtest yet and defo havn't see any runs on Memtest at 3600cl14 on a CH6 or even a CH7.
36000.jpg

Hard to get screenshots after OCN forum got 'UPGRADED'

This one is better 1400% and full memory load
36000.jpg

Some people at OCN had EPIC luck on zen 1 motherboards and memory combos.
I got setting that passes over 2000%@3600cl15 but... Infinity fabric is unstable with high cpu overclock on top heh.
Sadly my ram kit just CANT DO CL14 pass 3400 tested up to 1.5 volts always errors :/

As I see overclockign on ryzen. First gen get 3200cl14 then see how much You can push CPU before infinity fabric gives up. On zen+ get 3466cl14/cl15 then see how far You can get CPU.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Soldato
This new kit of ram is exhibiting different behaviours to my old kit.

Both good and bad.

My old kit would easily boot in to windows at 3466MHz. This one when I first set 3333MHz failed to boot and dumped me at a screen saying I was in BIOS recovery mode and needed the cap file. :eek:

Meh.

Restart eventually in to BIOS set 1.4v and eventually got in to windows.

I'm not expecting much but you never know.

Other people where suggesting possible memory hole at 3200MHz so I tried 3266MHz. After a bit of gaming it gave me a blue screen.

I want to see if the ram will be OK at 3333MHz at 1.4v.

I've done all of this before with the old set. But who knows.

Permabanned

Both good and bad.

My old kit would easily boot in to windows at 3466MHz. This one when I first set 3333MHz failed to boot and dumped me at a screen saying I was in BIOS recovery mode and needed the cap file. :eek:

Meh.

Other people where suggesting possible memory hole at 3200MHz so I tried 3266MHz. After a bit of gaming it gave me a blue screen.

You still think its the ram kit ?? Seriously ?? If I had a spare kit would send You my tested kit and still would crash i bet.

Thinking back Selling Teamgroup dark pro 3333cl14 stable with super tight settins tested for 20 quid extra over new deffo made new owner super happy. Was win for me and win for him :D

Soldato

Both good and bad.

Meh.

You need a better mobo or settle for 3200 pal.

Soldato
You need a better mobo or settle for 3200 pal.

It's 3200MHz I'm having an issue with. Seems it'll do up to 3133MHz.

As for better mobo, I can afford to just go all out and get a CH7 for example. But if I can get 3133MHz out of the current setup is it worth sending £250 just for a few more hundred MHz?

My brain knows it isn't.

---

But the point is other people with my board and ram have it running over 3200MHz.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's 3200MHz I'm having an issue with. Seems it'll do up to 3133MHz.

As for better mobo, I can afford to just go all out and get a CH7 for example. But if I can get 3133MHz out of the current setup is it worth sending £250 just for a few more hundred MHz?

My brain knows it isn't.

---

But the point is other people with my board and ram have it running over 3200MHz.

It isn't worth it no.
For what it's worth I had a ch6 and x2 1700's and 16gb if 4266mhz ram. One could do 3466cl14 the other could barely do 2933.
It's a lottery.

Soldato
I'm amazed that this works... older Windowses would have thrown up on your shoes for trying it O_o

Has anyone ever done performance comparisons of systems after swapping the motherboard without reinstalling? I want to go from B350 to X470 and it'd be much easier if I could get away without a full wipe...

I tried it.
Everything looked ok but had major issues with certain games dying horrible random deaths. Checked it with latencymon and it was absolutely terrible.
2 rebuilds+bios upgrade later, everything is spot on. First rebuild I made the mistake of using drivers from CD, worth going the usual route (ofc) and get the latest version off the AMD site, same as you would Intel when rebuilding.

Soldato
I tried it.
Everything looked ok but had major issues with certain games dying horrible random deaths. Checked it with latencymon and it was absolutely terrible.
2 rebuilds+bios upgrade later, everything is spot on. First rebuild I made the mistake of using drivers from CD, worth going the usual route (ofc) and get the latest version off the AMD site, same as you would Intel when rebuilding.
Shame, but thank you :)

Soldato
You still think its the ram kit ?? Seriously ?? If I had a spare kit would send You my tested kit and still would crash i bet.

Thinking back Selling Teamgroup dark pro 3333cl14 stable with super tight settins tested for 20 quid extra over new deffo made new owner super happy. Was win for me and win for him :D

I guess there's a bushiness opportunity there.

Buying new kit, overclocking it, verifying it's stability which the buyer is happy to trust and then selling it on for profit.

Back
Top Bottom